IGNORED

Which streaming service to achieve all goals?

Ok, Ok, I know. The eternal question. But here's my struggle. I have always defaulted to Tidal because of Flac streaming and Roon integration, but...

UI is less than ideal, it just doesn't work with Carplay in my vehicle (VW GTI) and it doesn't include many essential recordings in my collection (ie. James Brown Star Time box set). Managing a library in the kludgy app is also next to hopeless.

Spotify has best UI (still terrible for library management), great library but lower SQ AND no Roon. Spotify Connect lets me stream at decent quality through home system without the phone in the mix.

Apple Music solves most of my problems because it's integrated with my personal library. But SQ is not good and no Roon/Spotify Connect equivalent.

Qobuz isn't coming to Canada any time soon. 

I want one service that let's me duplicate my library as closely as possible, sounds optimal and plays seamlessly on my home system, car and iPhone. Do I have to settle for lower quality streaming with Apple Music or Spotify? Maybe Spotify is 'good enough?' I just hate to handcuff my Naim/Harbeth system unnecessarily. 

This the ultimate definition of a first world problem, but hey, the first step is acceptance ;)

@ethelthefrog I have Qobuz and Spotify. I use Spotify on my car (Tesla - nothing else supported, unless I stream from my Iphone)

1. No Qobuz where I live too. But there are ways to get this, they are ultimately interested in the payment.....

2. Tesla has Spotify tethered to the car, but I already have this for the whole family, hence use this for saving the playlist, etc.

So I dont think for me and Tesla users, there will be no single solution anytime soon....So sorry, no solution as yet for you (As far as i know), unless you are going to use your Phone/Link to your DAP/To your car.

Qnap NAS (LPS) >UA ETHER REGEN (BG7TBL Master Clock) > Grimm MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui /Meridian 808.3> Wavac EC300B >Tannoy Canterbury SE

HP Rig ++ >Woo WES/ > Stax SR-009, Audeze LCD2

• 1 month later...