IGNORED

Revolution DAC Reviews

Hi,

Haven't seen any reviews yet of the Revolution DAC.

My pal is looking for a DAC so would be good to hear any feedback or reviews on this that I can share with him, as I have been very impressed with the Allo products I have.

Regards,

Andy.

2 hours ago, Andy B said:

Hi,

Haven't seen any reviews yet of the Revolution DAC.

My pal is looking for a DAC so would be good to hear any feedback or reviews on this that I can share with him, as I have been very impressed with the Allo products I have.

Regards,

Andy.

Think this unit was very recently released and just started shipping so it may be a while until you start seeing reviews. 

• 2 weeks later...

seriously considering Revolution DAC to pair with my USBridge Signature but... any review coming out soon? (you know... 😛 )

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 2 weeks later...

I read that there will be a version with balanced outputs, is that correct ? 

I did not understand how it manages the dsd signals ....

is filtering and internal modulator bypassed ?

however very interesting object ...👍

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

I have one running in (connected to a USBridge Signature), and it sounds excellent.  A Shanti is powering both the DAC and the USBridge Signature.

So far, to me, it sounds best when sent upsampled (by HQPlayer) DSD256 content.

I have OSF Bypass (oversampling filter bypass) set to on, but have not played with H2/H3 settings or filters yet.

1 hour ago, clipper said:

I have OSF Bypass (oversampling filter bypass) set to on, but have not played with H2/H3 settings or filters yet.

here is on this I would like some more info from the designers 

sistema:

Server HDPlex (i7-6700-WS2016) HQPlayer con Ramdisk + HQPDcontrol > Macmini (roon core+Qobuz) o HQPlayer Client + Qobuz > HDPlex NAA (celeron G1840T-WS2016) NAD con Ramdisk, o miniPC Fitlet con immagine di Miska > Denafrips Ares2 , SPLvolume2 > Monitor KH+sub

1 hour ago, clipper said:

So far, to me, it sounds best when sent upsampled (by HQPlayer) DSD256 content.

a question ..... in that mode does the volume work? 

sistema:

28 minutes ago, giordy60 said:

a question ..... in that mode does the volume work? 

It does.

Right now I have Roon sending to HQPlayer (and then to networkaudiod running on the USBridge Signature). 

Normally I have Roon set up for fixed volume, but if I set Volume Control in Roon (for the HQP device) to Device Volume, the volume slider in Roon works.  Also, the volume control (dial) in HQPlayer works.  The volume control on the DAC works too.

4 hours ago, allo.com said:

Please check manual , volume and filters unavailable on OSF bypass only

Revolution_DAC_manual1.pdf 168.26 kB · 3 downloads

thanks  👍  😉

sistema:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am considering either the Allo Revolution DAC or alternatively the Allo DigiOne Signature to run off my Raspberry Pi3B+.

I am concerned that the Revolution is connected to the PI's USB port which is not audio optimized.

Are there any comments or suggestions to this regard ?

Would it be better to use the DigiOne Signature with the PI as a HAT and then feed the digital signal to an external DAC to avoid the USB issue (lets neglect the quality of the ext. DAC for this evaluation).

Looking forward to your suggestions !

Bjoern

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

Hi, I am considering either the Allo Revolution DAC or alternatively the Allo DigiOne Signature to run off my Raspberry Pi3B+.

I am concerned that the Revolution is connected to the PI's USB port which is not audio optimized.

Are there any comments or suggestions to this regard ?

Would it be better to use the DigiOne Signature with the PI as a HAT and then feed the digital signal to an external DAC to avoid the USB issue (lets neglect the quality of the ext. DAC for this evaluation).

Looking forward to your suggestions !

Bjoern

How would you connect the DigiOne to the RPi3b ? USB port!?

Allo does suggest using their usb bridge Signature with the Revolution DAC, fed by their Shanti LPS. Top line solution

The cheap version - the one I use at the moment - is RPi4 as endpoint with Revolution and Nirvana SMPS.

Already excellent with DSD512.

Cheers, Tom

6 hours ago, DuckToller said:

How would you connect the DigiOne to the RPi3b ? USB port!?

Allo does suggest using their usb bridge Signature with the Revolution DAC, fed by their Shanti LPS. Top line solution

The cheap version - the one I use at the moment - is RPi4 as endpoint with Revolution and Nirvana SMPS.

Already excellent with DSD512.

Cheers, Tom

Hi Duck,

The Signature One I would plug on as a PI Hat with an isolator board in-between no issues there. However the question is would the Revolution which is connected via the USB port sound equally good as he USB is not audio optimized.