IGNORED

FS Intel NUC - NUC7i7DNKE (server config - 16GB Apacer RAM)

Selling my NUCs as I’ve changed direction and put my Innuos Zenith SE back in my system.

Details below but the short version is that these are the NUC7 models that caused all the fuss on the legendary Novel Way thread on this forum.

I managed to get a sound quality with these NUCs acting as Server & Endpoint (using AudioLinux - not included) that they kept my Zenith SE out of my system. However I’m changing direction and adding an Innuos Phoenix to my Zenith.

They are also installed with the Apacer RAM that everyone was raving about – as bought through part of Nenon’s group buy.

These ship WITHOUT an operating system. The buyer will need to buy their operating system of choice and install it.

I WILL include a USB flash drive with Ubuntu installed so that the buyer can immediately verify the NUC is working.

There is no SSD installed currently in the server.

I was using an external USB Flash drive (Lexar HR1 & SR1 & 512GB memory card). These cost £206 but I can include with the NUC for an additional £100.

Alternatively, I have a 512GB SSD spare that I can include for say an additional £50 but it would be installed with Ubuntu and the onus would be on the buyer to install the OS they want for audio purposes.

I was powering these NUCs using a Sean Jacobs DC3 dual rail power supply. Which I am also listing for sale separately. Happy to discuss a convenience discount if the buyer buys one or more of the NUCs and the DC3 as would save me shipping and hassle.

As a cheaper option for an ‘audiophile’ powersupply I also have two Paul Hynes SR3 PSU’s spare. I used these to power the NUCs until I upgraded to the DC3. I can include an SR3 with the NUC for an additional £220.

To summarize.

Included

2 x 8 GB Apacer NUC RAM

Akasa Plato X7D Fanless Low Profile Case

NUC7I7DNKE - i7-8650U – barebone NUC kit

Stock SMPS power supply

Perfect condition apart from one small scratch on the top panel as shown in the photos.

No original boxes but I’ll pack carefully

Will accept £600

(Cost £550 for NUC kit, £98 for Akasa case & £205 for Apacer ram – total £853)

Optional Extras

Lexar HR1 & SR1 memory card hub & reader with 512GB memory card - £100

512GB SSD (Installed with Ubuntu and I can install in the NUC if you want) - £50

Paul Hynes SR3-12 – 8v, 3.5amp LPSU - £220

2 x 8 GB Apacer NUC RAM

Akasa Plato X7D Fanless Low Profile Case

7th Generation Intel NUC Dawson Canyon

2.5" HDD/SSD

2x USB 2.0/2x USB 3.0

Intel NUC 7 Kit

NUC7I7DNKE

i7-8650U vPro

DDR4 SO-DIMM

M.2 PCIe Slot

Intel UHD Graphics 620

2x HDMI 2.0a

Barebone

Link to one of the many posts praising these NUCs:

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?do=findComment&comment=891061

Link to one of the many posts praising the Apacer RAM

https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/30376-a-novel-way-to-massively-improve-the-sq-of-computer-audio-streaming/?do=findComment&comment=1014096

20200606_102917[1].jpg

20200606_102942[1].jpg

20200606_103436[1].jpg

20200606_103440[1].jpg

20200606_103506[1].jpg

20200606_103511_HDR[1].jpg

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

The NUC is 24.5cm wide, 24.5 deep, and 3.9 cm tall

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

• 2 weeks later...

Price drop: £550 (including shipping and PayPal) - UK & EU preferred please

Also, I've had a few enquiries about selling the Apacer RAM on it's own. Sorry but not interested in breaking the units up. 

Sold. Thanks.