IGNORED

FS - Sean Jacobs DC3 (Mundorf capacitors, silver wiring upgrade) dual-rail 19V, 3A

Changing direction and restored my Innuos Zenith SE back to it's former glory. As a result I'm selling my highly regarded Sean Jacobs DC3 custom build dual rail power supply.

I bought it from Sean in May last year and took the best package he could offer which included Mundorf capacity upgrades and silver wiring ugrades inside.

Perfect condition. Used only to power two Intel NUCs.

Cost £1445 in May 2019

Accept £1,000 including shipping and PayPal (UK or Europe much preferred)

99.99% certified solid silver wire

two output cables are both 0.5m long

PowerBlack IEC mains cable is 1m long (can deduct £70) if the buyer does not need this.

Dual 19V 3A DC3

Mundorfs

Blue LED

DC cables with 5.5mm x 2.1mm connectors

http://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/home/power-supplies/dc3-power-supply

20200606_102644[1].jpg

20200606_102622[1].jpg

20200606_102422[1].jpg

20200606_102542_HDR[1].jpg

20200606_102441[1].jpg

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

2 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

PowerBlack IEC mains cable

Forgot to mention that this is the Sean Jacobs power cable that he recommends with a DC3. Think it retails around £120

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

After an enquiry from a fellow forumite in Canada about whether the DC3 needs 230V or would accept 110V input I checked with the ever excellent Sean Jacobs and he confirmed 230V.

He added: it wouldn't work in Canada/US etc without a step-up transformer.

So ONLY for sale in UK/Europe unless the buyer is willing to take on the fact they'd need to pay to get the transformer work done.

Also adding dimensions as I forgot originally: The DC3 is 24cm wide, 29.4 deep and 9cm tall.

Cheers,

Alan

15 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Please list this item in our new classifieds section for more features.

https://audiophilestyle.com/classifieds/

Hey Chris,

Hope you and your family are safe and well in these crazy times.

A little feedback if you don't mind. Not trying to be argumentative or difficult, but classifieds is new so hopefully you don't mind some input 🙂

A. It's created a duplicate listing. My bad I guess for posting here first. Do I add a link to the Classified instead and mark this as closed? [I have three open items on the forum so don't want to create three dupes].

B. Classifieds only supports USD for Price. Much as I want to make a Trump comment I'll reel myself in 😉. But given the vagaries of C-19, Brexit and whatever else on the world economy and FX rates seesawing - it's not practical for non-US based members to cite prices in USD.

Two suggestions: 1. Support other display currencies. or 2. Allow users to upload in their local currency and then use the likes of XE.com to then display the USD equivalent that day.

C. Selling stuff is a hassle. It's a pain-in-the-ass. Period. I understand that Classifieds offered better functionality. But frankly I didn't care. I'm only doing so as I need to get my girlfriend off my back. She won't "let me" but anything new until I "sell some of that crap"  😂 I genuinely mean no offence by this, just sharing a perspective. I just wanted to sell the items I have and the old way worked fine. I understand and agree that progress is good. But having to learn a new setup is a pain. Having to enable my store makes me uncomfortable. I'm just a bloke selling some pre-loved kit. I really hope the buyer gets a bargain and is pleased with the item. BUT I do not want them feeling they bought it from my "store" and I have any duty of care beyond the politeness and courtesy I would afford any forum member.

Anyway. Just my perspective and I hope it's helpful.

Have a good one.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan, thanks for the comments. Let me try to explain :~)

3 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

A. It's created a duplicate listing. My bad I guess for posting here first. Do I add a link to the Classified instead and mark this as closed? [I have three open items on the forum so don't want to create three dupes].

Feel free to do what you want. I would link to the classified listings in your existing threads. I can then close the threads. Or, you can just leave well enough alone and not post classifieds. 

6 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

B. Classifieds only supports USD for Price. Much as I want to make a Trump comment I'll reel myself in 😉. But given the vagaries of C-19, Brexit and whatever else on the world economy and FX rates seesawing - it's not practical for non-US based members to cite prices in USD.

Two suggestions: 1. Support other display currencies. or 2. Allow users to upload in their local currency and then use the likes of XE.com to then display the USD equivalent that day.

I certainly hear your concerns with currency. It's a tough one. I want classifieds to be as simple as possible. Currencies can be tough because there are so many. If I tie into XE or something else, then this whole thing gets more difficult. I'll see what I can do, while keeping the simplicity. I wish I could just let the person use whatever currency symbol they want. 

9 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

C. Selling stuff is a hassle. It's a pain-in-the-ass. Period. I understand that Classifieds offered better functionality. But frankly I didn't care. I'm only doing so as I need to get my girlfriend off my back. She won't "let me" but anything new until I "sell some of that crap"  😂 I genuinely mean no offence by this, just sharing a perspective. I just wanted to sell the items I have and the old way worked fine. I understand and agree that progress is good. But having to learn a new setup is a pain. Having to enable my store makes me uncomfortable. I'm just a bloke selling some pre-loved kit. I really hope the buyer gets a bargain and is pleased with the item. BUT I do not want them feeling they bought it from my "store" and I have any duty of care beyond the politeness and courtesy I would afford any forum member.

I agree that selling is a hassle. I had to weigh the pros and cons of going the classified route. The number of complaints about the existing method of forum posts is much higher than complaints from people about classifieds. We will see how it goes. 

The classifieds interface is dead simple and enables people to mark their own items as sold. Perhaps I'm too deep into it to see the difficulty you see. I don't think there is a learning curve because you just answer the questions such as New or Used? \

There is no requirement to create a store. It's an option. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png