IGNORED

Is this the only decent USB-C to USB B type 2 cable there is?

4 minutes ago, matthias said:

They seem not to offer USB-C cables.

I contacted Sablon Audio as well, the same no USB-C cables.

Matt

I would ask. They offer C to B for the USB dc interconnect cables so they must be able to do one for data. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

2 minutes ago, charlesphoto said:

I would ask. They offer C to B for the USB dc interconnect cables so they must be able to do one for data. 

Yes I know, they should be. I asked them about two years ago and they refused to make one. It is not clear for me why all the HE cable manufacturers dislike USB-C. 

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 minute ago, AudioDoctor said:

Lack of demand perhaps...

This is was Sablon Audio told me. Another reason may be that they have to solder with magnifying glasses.

But this will change hopefully in the future.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

2 minutes ago, matthias said:

This is was Sablon Audio told me. Another reason may be that they have to solder with magnifying glasses.

But this will change hopefully in the future.

Matt

I also have no idea if there are any licensing fees?  

No electron left behind.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:18 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Nah, by decent I meant something other than a printer cable made as cheaply as possible, which is what I am finding other than the AQ cable. I am cable agnostic, and if Blue Jeans made this cable, I would get it from them in a heartbeat. I just want to avoid the adapter is all.

"Audiophile" cables usually violate USB specifications and cause lot of problems. So I would certainly look for ones that have USB HiSpeed or USB SuperSpeed certification badge in first place.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

Just now, Miska said:

"Audiophile" cables usually violate USB specifications and cause lot of problems. So I would certainly look for ones that have USB HiSpeed or USB SuperSpeed certification badge in first place.

Thanks Miska, I added the Belkin to an Amazon order.

No electron left behind.

• 2 years later...