IGNORED

Is this the only decent USB-C to USB B type 2 cable there is?

There are many cables and adapters to connect a B output to a C host port. For example, the $8 Syntech is a good adapter.  Below that in cost is a Jsaux 2-for-$10 adapter on A’zon, and above it is the Apple adapter for about $15.  And Audioquest makes an adapter for $22 or so.  You can also find many A to C cables ranging in price from $10 to hundreds.

I’m not getting into the debate over USB cables and SQ, which I assume is the reason you’re looking for a “decent” cable.  I’d use any of the above - the $8 C cables in my recording setups seem not to affect SQ at all compared to the good ones that came with my audio interfaces or my one Audioquest USB (bought on sale to see if it made any difference). I like orderly setups, so I only use long cables when they’re needed - otherwise, I make or buy cables to span only the distance between the components they connect to each other.

15 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I’m not getting into the debate over USB cables and SQ, which I assume is the reason you’re looking for a “decent” cable.

Nah, by decent I meant something other than a printer cable made as cheaply as possible, which is what I am finding other than the AQ cable. I am cable agnostic, and if Blue Jeans made this cable, I would get it from them in a heartbeat. I just want to avoid the adapter is all.

No electron left behind.

19 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Nah, by decent I meant something other than a printer cable made as cheaply as possible, which is what I am finding other than the AQ cable. I am cable agnostic, and if Blue Jeans made this cable, I would get it from them in a heartbeat. I just want to avoid the adapter is all.

In that case, Amazon Basics has a 6 footer for $8.51 (also comes in 3' and 9' lengths).  Even more attractive to me is the Cable Matters offering of a 3 pack of 1 meter cables for $11 (also comes in 6", 12" and 2 meters).  I hadn't seen these before and am ordering enough to do everything on the rack in my recording setup.  Now that I'm using a pair of Pi 4s in it, I need more anyway.

18 minutes ago, bluesman said:

In that case, Amazon Basics has a 6 footer for $8.51 (also comes in 3' and 9' lengths).  Even more attractive to me is the Cable Matters offering of a 3 pack of 1 meter cables for $11 (also comes in 6", 12" and 2 meters).  I hadn't seen these before and am ordering enough to do everything on the rack in my recording setup.  Now that I'm using a pair of Pi 4s in it, I need more anyway.

I'll look into alternatives to these, I need a type B connector on the opposite end, not type A.

No electron left behind.

24 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I'll look into alternatives to these, I need a type B connector on the opposite end, not type A.

Sorry - I knew that and forgot when I started thinking about using these myself.  My M-Audio interfaces have C ports, so I need A to C cables.  Here's the Amazon Basics C to B cable , here's a Cable Matters USB 3 C to B, and and here's the Cable Matters USB 2 version.

I've been using Belkin and QVS cables from MIcorcenter for some time now.  Here's a link to their B to C cables.

3 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

Sorry, I missed this, thank you.

No problem,

I have been in the same situation as you. I really hope for more HQ USB-C cables in the future.

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

1 hour ago, AudioDoctor said:

Nordost appears to only terminate one end in Type A, which seems odd.

The Nordost Red Dawn is the cheapest NO with USB-C to USB-B.

Matt

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Thanks, I see that now. It's probably a lot more than I want to spend as well.

Then I would go for the green Oyaide Neo. It is dirt cheap and is used by DJs around the world. 

Matt

You could probably ask Ghent Audio to make one for you. Shipping from China might be a bit slow right now though I think they offer a quicker service surcharge. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

17 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I can't even find the Belkin cable from your link. In fact, none of them appear to exist anymore except for the Audioquest cable.

I couldn't tell from your post if you refer to my suggestions or the 2018 post.  If you're talking about Matt's 2018 thread, remember that a lot has changed in 2 years and C is now a common fitting. 

All of the cables I linked are available today.  The lime green one Matt suggests is $49, which seems more than a bit excessive to me as a nonbeliever.  Apart from that single event with my Audioquest cable and a ratty old USB1, I've not heard any difference at all in SQ among USB 2 cables.  I have a batch of those Cable Matters cords coming.

45 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I couldn't tell from your post if you refer to my suggestions or the 2018 post.  If you're talking about Matt's 2018 thread, remember that a lot has changed in 2 years and C is now a common fitting. 

I was replying to Matt's thread.

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, charlesphoto said:

You could probably ask Ghent Audio to make one for you. Shipping from China might be a bit slow right now though I think they offer a quicker service surcharge. 

They seem not to offer USB-C cables.

I contacted Sablon Audio as well, the same no USB-C cables.

Matt