IGNORED

MUSICIAN Pegasus R2R DAC

23 hours ago, olegm said:

Hi everybody, i also have got this DAC for review, if someone interested: https://soundex.ru/en/obzory/sources-obzory/musician-pegasus/

Thank you for the review Oleg! Did you have a chance to compare it to any other DACs? Curious to know whether you feel it settled in after the first week, or if it keeps developing. Been on the fence about the Pegasus, liking much of what I've read, but a bit cautious that it might end up on the lean side. Was hoping it would manage to combine the warmth, body and "soul" many R2R DACs seem to exhibit with added clarity. I suppose from your review it's more of the later, with some sacrifice in the former?

1 hour ago, olegm said:

Thank you for reading review. Yes, i compared it to Hegel HD30, which is 4 times more expensive. Hegel had much more bass, had more warmth and "soul". Pegasus played more transparent and clean in midrange and upper. But i would prefer sound of Hegel for my loudspeakers. 

With Dynaudio C4 sound was really good, smooth and transparent. With lot of good and clean bass. But there was still lack of long endings. 

Thanks again Oleg. Very helpful. I'll probably temper my curiosity. Would still be curious to know how you feel after longer term use (if by magic, somehow that soul reveals itself after a month or so... probably wishful thinking : ).