IGNORED

MUSICIAN Pegasus R2R DAC

19 hours ago, DrMikeOz said:

If you've listened to the Venus and the Pegasus how do they compare ? 

I couldn't do a proper comparison between the two DAC's because Venus was in my system a few months before. Since then I did some upgrades of my power filters and cables and these made their own differences. So... I cannot make a valuable statement on this matter. Still... Venus is a very good DAC and most probably needs a very good system to shine as I always said. But, at the moment I listened to Venus I had another DAC in my system: Nuprime DAC 10H. I can make a comparison with that one.

Nuprime DAC 10H is a Sabre 9018K2M based  and the sound signature is different than Venus (Nuprime claims it is very neutral). While Venus was smooth and musical,10H seemed a bit more transparent (both on USB) and dynamic. But... I could feel that Venus needs a long burn in time. When I listen to it the first time was a total disaster... after about an hour things changed dramatically in a good way. Hi end DACs need to be on all the time in my opinion... 

My review on Pegasus will be delivered here soon, because I need a bit more days to be sure it has settled in. It will be my first written review, so you should take it with a pinch of salt... anyway, as a spoiler I can tell I am pleased, till now, about what I am hearing.

Btw... if you want to read a good review on Venus:

http://highfidelity.pl/@main-968&lang=en

I quote:

"And the Denafrips converter is perfect in what it does. It offers beautiful colors and great resolution. However, it is not very selective and has no clearly defined bass attack. Space for it is only a background for instruments that are large, firm and tangible. So it's a specialized product. Powerful rock, country, rap, hip-hop - all these recordings will be smoothed and sound "polite". But all the rest will sound great. Even such demanding, dense productions as George Michael's new digital single This Is How (We Want You To Get High) ( MQA 24/96). "

The review is professionally elaborated and my findings were similar! 

• 5 weeks later...