IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

On 10/4/2021 at 9:24 AM, Argon said:

After upgrading to the AfterDark Emperor Double Crown for my ER I have a BG7TBL 75 ohm clock and Ghent cable (~14") that I can send on to someone who is ready to try external clocking of their ER.  I ran this for 8 months direct to the ER w/o a minicircuts filter, I was unable to get a scope on this to confirm square of sine wave but it worked great as is.  I just ask the recipient cover shipping but else I'm happy to send it on FOC.

PM me and we can organize the bits.  

Nicholas

Hi Nichola,

Thanks for the generosity offered therr ... may be too late but PM sent.

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

16 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the generosity offered ... may be too late but PM sent.

Cheers.

Richard

Hi Nicholas,

Many thanks for the quick response and shipping of the clock to my usa mailing address 🙏🙏🥳

Cheers

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, zoltan said:

Although I posted this in another threat but as this is the "clock" thread, I'll also post here. 
I just tested the Mutec Ref 10 clock outputs and they are galvanically isolated as also stated in the manual. So no problem using it simultaneously on otherwise also isolated devices.  

Thanks for sharing Zoltan. Could you let us know how you tested? 

• 3 weeks later...

I have not measured it but Geoff at Aurealis sold it to me as a 75 ohm BNC.

The thing is that my first order for 30 cm produced such good results that I went ahead and ordered the 1metre ones which turned out just as successful.  I have one more external clocking option and I will probably order one more for that. 

They are not flat and are definitely coax. 

Please contact Geoff at Aurealis for more info.  In case he is running out of the Duelund, which I had the impression he was,  I would be happy to add my 1 metre order to anyone elses order so he can obtain more. 

8 hours ago, aubreybobb said:

I should mention here that all my equipment is earthed to an active grounding box from Synergistic Research.  Differences of effectiveness of moat were clearly audible with and without the grounding box earlier (using mediocre cables).   Those differences are now swamped by the effect of using good clock cables.

That was also my experience with adding a very good clock cable.  For those who use an external LPS for the clock, you might want to experiment with the DC cable too.  I was surprised that the DC cable made a difference.  Not as large as the clock cable, but still worthwhile if you are at the point of tweaking the little stuff and want to hear all that the clock can do.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

On 11/30/2021 at 12:40 AM, aubreybobb said:

Suddenly its easy to believe Caelin Gabriel when he says good clock cables can bridge the gap between digital and analog, all else being equal.   This is logical  - no jitter (perfect timing) means no difference between the two, and good cables are critical to precise clock signals.  But its not intuitive and I had discounted it as another advertising gimmick until I actually heard it myself.  I'm now thinking clock cables are the most critical of all cables in a digital system.

It's very Interesting that he said that.  The Shunyata clock cables I use were significantly better than generic clock cables, but generic cables tend to stink so that came as no surprise.  I wouldn't have imagined though that they were the "most critical" of all cables in a digital system, but you made a really good argument.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, GMG said:

Hello Tungsten lovers 🙂

Since suggesting the tungsten cube was such a success it gave me another idea

Glad to share another tungsten DIY

This time went for isolation feet filled with Tungsten powder. 
pretty simple actually

got some pipe connectors (I chose 6.5cm outer diameter with 0.5mm walls), cut to desired height, spray paint black, glue sorbothane circle on bottom, fill with tungsten powder, glue top sorbothane circle. 

The ones I made (total height 4cm) came out 620 grams each!

7240E325-9DD2-4D19-82C8-E7262F987EBF.thumb.jpeg.45fc596fc5443890cb5219f0891075d1.jpeg5294C6FC-E329-4A69-9E07-273C0AAD588E.thumb.jpeg.154e8c20bad4c9e7ce27873a95ba182c.jpeg

Thanks to Martin T for sharing this tip. I have purchased the same Chinese clock and experienced a worthwhile improvement to my sq via etherregen into dcs network bridge. 

I want to try the 25mm tungsten block heck but it seems 25mm2 blocks are priced Ike $75?? Ebay is selling 10mm2 ones for much a cheaper price. 

Any alternatives or do you think $75 for the 25mm2 is worthwhile? 

New to this thread, so apologies if this has already been answered. I have gotten an external 10 MHz clock with to output levels. One of 900mV and one with 500 mV. Any advice on which one to use with the Etherregen?

Thanks

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.

30 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

Go with the 900 mV.

John S.

Thanks, John

All best,

Jens

i5 Macbook Pro running Roon -> Uptone Etherregen -> custom-built Win10 PC serving as endpoint, with separate LPUs for mobo and a filtering digiboard (DIY) -> Audio Note DAC 5ish (a heavily modded 3.1X Bal) -> AN Kit One, heavily modded with silver wiring and Black Gates -> AN E-SPx Alnico on Townshend speaker bars. Vicoustic and GIK treatment.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, aubreybobb said:

Once I improved the clock cables the improvement in SQ was so dramatic as to swamp this effect!  According to Caelin Gabriel, good clock cables reduce jitter enough so that they can bring digital up to analog levels, all other things being equal.  The cables are as important as the clock

I use Shunyata clock cables but only compared them to cheap generic cables that I purchased from Amazon to get started.  The improvement was profound.  I do think saying that they made things sound more analog would be correct.  I really like the density of tone that come with use of Shunyata cables.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

On 11/30/2021 at 11:32 PM, aubreybobb said:

I have not measured it but Geoff at Aurealis sold it to me as a 75 ohm BNC.

The thing is that my first order for 30 cm produced such good results that I went ahead and ordered the 1metre ones which turned out just as successful.  I have one more external clocking option and I will probably order one more for that. 

They are not flat and are definitely coax. 

Please contact Geoff at Aurealis for more info.  In case he is running out of the Duelund, which I had the impression he was,  I would be happy to add my 1 metre order to anyone elses order so he can obtain more. 

Hi Audrey,

Contacted Geoff on availability of 3x and 7x of 1m each for this cable to try replacement of an assortment of pro audio Canare, Apogee etc. for clocking of my upgraded Denafrip T+ to Hermes ddc and also 2x ERs with double crown AD clock and China clock b4 Antipodes EX and between EX and CX ... thanks.

Will update my findings if I managed to do so .. since ok pricing and not those crazily price toward 1k types that I do not support especially with up to 7 pcs needed and usual marginal SQ impact experienced from cabling unlike technological one  😆

Thanks again and cheers.