IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

1 hour ago, LewinskiH01 said:

yes, I've read the paper and followed the comments about minicircuits. Unfortunately some weeks before John published the paper I had purchased the BG7BTL with square waves only . My recollection is DarqueKnight measured the BG7BTL square waves with different 75ohm cables and one that came with a unit (a DCS?) measured well despite being cheap. Some have reported good results with BG7BTL square waves, so I'm checking in Ghent makes suitable cables as I will be ordering a couple other cables from them.

Ghent’s bnc cable is 15 usd, not a lot to waste in case you don’t like it. I use it on square wave from BG7BTL and it is not bad. The most important is the PSU to BG7BTL. In my experience cheaper China PSUs + BG7BTL did not benefit ER. ER alone sounded better. But when I connected Farad PSU top specs to BG7BTL it improved the sound of ER, using square wave. I have yet to try the sine wave with MC filter, I have one now

Emm Labs NS1, Emm Labs DV2, Trusov AMP ( AB class 400 watt into 8 ohm), Vandersteen 5a Carbon, Dyrholm Vision series cables XLR and power cords, meitner speaker cables,  etheregen, 2* Farad super3 with purple SR fuses, AfterDark double Crown, RAL RJ45

On 5/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, Rasputin said:

So I got the minicircits filter today 75 ohm. Tried it on etheregen, then on the chiana clock using sine wave. THe BNC is from ghentaudio Belden.  Well, it sucked the life out of the sound.  it got sterile and dead.  Connected the BNC from the square wave to etheregen, better than with the filter, but without the china clock etheregen sounds best.  The best result with the china clock I had - square wave into etheregen with an acrolinc very expensive bnc cable.  That combinatin was quite better than eitheregen alone. 

This is my experiment:) and I'm not going the afterdark road..

will you tell us which cable it is.....the very expensive one...sounding how in your system.....

It was Acrolink 7N-DA6100 MEXCEL, somehow the sound was cleaned but not sterilized, you could hear a hall or stage or the church with organ for example (not only an organ without surroundings) , it gave warm natural timbers and dynamics, basically a whole lot more “Live” sound. I may suspect a bit of nice coloration the kind that brings the emotions forward. The later experiments showed real dependance of the china clock on the power source and its cables. Before I had china PSUs, studer900 and another one. Now I have two Farad PSUs, one top specs (furutech inlet, Sinergistic research orange fuse and silver DC cable) and the other basic psu just with upgraded copper DC cable. First connection of the basic to the clock and the top speced one to ER was ok sound but nothing really waw, but when I switched DC cables around, well that is when I really got coherent, very involving and to my ears natural sound. Sposa, Non Mi Conosci by Merope Giacomelli has just brought tears to my eyes… and that with Ghent audio belden 15 USD cable using square wave between BGT (whatever the strange name of this china clock) and ER.  As I said later, I have a MC filter 75ohm and need to experiment with sine wave as advised by Superdad. Unfortunately I do not have the Acrolink any longer to see its effect with good PSUs that I have now.

Emm Labs NS1, Emm Labs DV2, Trusov AMP ( AB class 400 watt into 8 ohm), Vandersteen 5a Carbon, Dyrholm Vision series cables XLR and power cords, meitner speaker cables,  etheregen, 2* Farad super3 with purple SR fuses, AfterDark double Crown, RAL RJ45

On 5/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, Rasputin said:

It was Acrolink 7N-DA6100 MEXCEL, somehow the sound was cleaned but not sterilized, you could hear a hall or stage or the church with organ for example (not only an organ without surroundings) , it gave warm natural timbers and dynamics, basically a whole lot more “Live” sound. I may suspect a bit of nice coloration the kind that brings the emotions forward. The later experiments showed real dependance of the china clock on the power source and its cables. Before I had china PSUs, studer900 and another one. Now I have two Farad PSUs, one top specs (furutech inlet, Sinergistic research orange fuse and silver DC cable) and the other basic psu just with upgraded copper DC cable. First connection of the basic to the clock and the top speced one to ER was ok sound but nothing really waw, but when I switched DC cables around, well that is when I really got coherent, very involving and to my ears natural sound. Sposa, Non Mi Conosci by Merope Giacomelli has just brought tears to my eyes… and that with Ghent audio belden 15 USD cable using square wave between BGT (whatever the strange name of this china clock) and ER.  As I said later, I have a MC filter 75ohm and need to experiment with sine wave as advised by Superdad. Unfortunately I do not have the Acrolink any longer to see its effect with good PSUs that I have now.

thank you - this is quite an investment 4K - not available to many....

The question is, since cables with sine wave do not seem to matter that much as with square wave - how much importance to give to their quality  - I guess it matters - thats why i hope someone her will has made

good experiences with great cables .

My two ER's have Adark 75 Ohm sine wave clocks I wonder which clock cables will enhance the sine wave symphony - any ideas/experience anybody apart from Belden/Canare...

1 hour ago, Mouna said:

thank you - this is quite an investment 4K - not available to many....

The question is, since cables with sine wave do not seem to matter that much as with square wave - how much importance to give to their quality  - I guess it matters - thats why i hope someone her will has made

good experiences with great cables .

My two ER's have Adark 75 Ohm sine wave clocks I wonder which clock cables will enhance the sine wave symphony - any ideas/experience anybody apart from Belden/Canare...

what do you think about the AfterDark. Project ClayX Black River Carbon Fiber Woven 75ohm BNC Clock Cable?

1 hour ago, sgr said:

If you didn’t give the Bg7tbl a great linear power supply, 75 ohm clock cable and dc cable that may be why you didn’t get good results. 
I heard the results easily but I did use a LPS 1.2 and Gotham jssg 360 DC cable and an Apogee Wyde Eye. I left the unit running 5-6 hours before listening. 

I’ve recently upgraded to the AfterDark Clock which didn’t sound as good as the bg7tbl until I put about 36 hours on it. Now my system has never sounded better. 

I connected my Bg7tbl to my first EtherREGEN after a week or so and my system even improved more. 

Those who upgraded to an AfterDark Clock and owned a Bg7tbl abd have purchased or thinking of purchasing another EtherREGEN don’t sell off the Bg7tbl connect it to the first EtherREGEN in your system. 

Your in for a treat. 

Thanks, @sgr  - interesting and helpful information.  I have been wondering about adding a Bg7tbl to my second eR.  Are your clocks sine wave or square wave?  If sine, could you (or anyone else) provide a current link for the Bg7tbl?  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

3 hours ago, jean-michel6 said:

But the emperor Giesemann is really a small miracle .

So… does anyone have an opinion of where the sweet spot is, in the AfterDark click lineup? Perhaps this model?

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

6 hours ago, Ultrarunner said:

So… does anyone have an opinion of where the sweet spot is, in the AfterDark click lineup? Perhaps this model?

I did tried before the double crown of my friend and it is also truly excellent at a much more reasonable cost .

PCserver Supermicro X11SAA under Daphile  ,Jcat pcie net card ,Etherregen,e-red dock endpoint,powered by LPS 1.2 , SPS 500 , Sean Jacobs level 3 psu,  DAC Audiomat Maestro 3, Nagra Classic Amp , Hattor passive preamplifier , Martin Logan montis

On 5/28/2021 at 12:23 AM, PYP said:

Thanks, @sgr  - interesting and helpful information.  I have been wondering about adding a Bg7tbl to my second eR.  Are your clocks sine wave or square wave?  If sine, could you (or anyone else) provide a current link for the Bg7tbl?  

Hi, can someone kindly help ? Tks !

If sine, could you (or anyone else) provide a current link for the Bg7tbl?  

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

On 5/28/2021 at 12:23 AM, PYP said:

Hi PYP,

Found this:

Cheers.

Richard

Revel Salon 2 speakers, Sander Magtech amp, Audible Illusion L3B (Blackgate) preamp, Denafrips Terminator Plus dac, Denafrips Hermes ddc, Antipodes CX/EX/P1/P2 server/player (Oladra upgraded), Denafrips Avatar cdp, Bel Canto fm1 tuner, Airties Wireless Mesh, ifi Blue Zen BT receiver, 2X Uptone EtherRegen + AfterDark Emperor Double Crown 10M clock, Zerozone 5/7.5/12v LPS, Uptone LPS 1.2, 2x diy 2kVA Isotransformers, dedicated 20/30A lines for separate digital/analog, Nordost Quattro Fil interconnects, Acoustic Revive TripleC Ethernet/i2S cables, Shunyata Sigma usb cable with ifi Idefender 3.0, Aurealis/Apogee/Canare BNC clock cables, Cardas Clear speaker cable and jumpers, Zonotone Shupreme/5050 powercords, Garrard 301 on slate plinth/sme 3012R/Ortofon Classic Royal GM mk2/diy 301 motor PSU/graham IC90/kimber tak ag etc./Headamp Gilmore Lite Mk2+Golden Reference PSU/Grado FreeSystem fg-1 headphones

On 5/28/2021 at 6:27 AM, R1200CL said:
On 5/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, ambre said:

Do you use equal 50 Ohm Clock cables delivered by Afterdark?

I tried, (different length), but didn’t help. 

It seems removing the mini circuits helps. No dropouts last 24 hours. Maybe the Cybershaft T acts as a filter as well ? I don’t know. 

The clock raise the SQ on the SU-2. Maybe not so much on EtherRegen in my system. But I’m using B>A, so it’s an expected outcome. 

So using the Cybershaft T, may be a way for others to go, instead of purchasing a second clock. 

I’m also using this cable 30 cm. (And a longer AfterDark cable). 
https://no.mouser.com/datasheet/2/1030/141-12BM_2b-1699951.pdf

29 minutes ago, Tokyokyoto said:

Doesn’t the SU-2 have a clock output that can be used instead of the Cybershaft T?  According to the manual there is a variety of settings.

My understanding is that the SU-2 isn’t retransmitting a 10Mhz signal in 50 ohm, but rather offering word clock signals in other frequencies. Maybe I haven’t understood the full potential here ?

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/singxer-su-2-dsd1024-usb-digital-interface-femtosecond-clock-interface

https://download.shenzhenaudio.com/download/5f695bdc5123a.pdf

21 minutes ago, Johnnydev said:

couldn't it be that with all the ideas and malfunctions you have, you have already ended up in it?

You’re are not making any logical explanation here. The only issue I had was using the mini circuits filters in combination with the Cybershaft T. Leaving them out seems to solved the problem. Using them on one single device was never a problem. 

What does  this have to do with Jesus possible acceptance of my suggestion to make an upgraded opticalRendu with 10 MHz clock input, which you originally made a comment on ?

Please explain what’s your issue ? What rabbit hole will in general any digital device suffer from, if added an external clock interface ? You don’t see this beneficial ? Why not ?

Since you’re posting here, I suppose you’re using a clock yourself ?

It seems you don’t like my ideas. Please use the opportunity to respond in the forums I posted my other ideas if you have any issues with my suggestions in general. 

9 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

You’re are not making any logical explanation here. The only issue I had was using the mini circuits filters in combination with the Cybershaft T. Leaving them out seems to solved the problem. Using them on one single device was never a problem. 

What does  this have to do with Jesus possible acceptance of my suggestion to make an upgraded opticalRendu with 10 MHz clock input, which you originally made a comment on ?

Please explain what’s your issue ? What rabbit hole will in general any digital device suffer from, if added an external clock interface ? You don’t see this beneficial ? Why not ?

Since you’re posting here, I suppose you’re using a clock yourself ?

It seems you don’t like my ideas. Please use the opportunity to respond in the forums I posted my other ideas if you have any issues with my suggestions in general. 

I don’t have any problems with you or your posts, but it was only a warning that more could be less.

And yes, i have the giesemann EVA and also with the EtherRegen from B>A with very good results.

The minicircuit removing was also a lot better in this case.

And sorry for my englisch, but it is not better

SG$ 119.80  5%OFF | made by Bg7tbl PLL-GPSDO GPS tame DISCiPLINED clock GPS Receiver 10M Sine Wave / 1PPS SQUARE WAVE GPSDO
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mq9yvG9

Hi,

Is this any good ?

Means both sine and square wave outputs are available to try out ?

What is the gps with antenna about ?

Cheers.

Richard

Screenshot_20210604-234429_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20210604-234659_AliExpress.jpg

Screenshot_20210604-234705_AliExpress.jpg