IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

8 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

This is a tough one, there are a lot of different interactions involved, no simple "This is always the best". I've been thinking all night about the best way to present this, I think I have  figured out a good way to present it, but it will take awhile to get it all written up, so be patient it may take a few days.

John S.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

I am running my ER with sinewave and the Mutec with squarewave output. Sound quality is superb with this arrangement.

Don’t think I understand this ...?

My just arrived BG7TBL has 3 outputs - all 75ohm & I assumed square wave.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen B-side(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu A-side(clones lpsu split>lps1.2)>uspbc>iso regen(clones lpsu split>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

/& btw, I just checked the ER manual & realised I’d used an incorrect connection sequence - hadn’t powered down the ER before switching to EXT clock & then powering up clock followed by ER.

So wasted a day or so burn in time, though not really been listening. Clock I suppose will have had stabilising time, after shipping travails.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen B-side(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu A-side(clones lpsu split>lps1.2)>uspbc>iso regen(clones lpsu split>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

3 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

My just arrived BG7TBL has 3 outputs - all 75ohm & I assumed square wave.

I have two BG7TBL units, I'm using the one with 3 x 75 Ohm outputs, one squarewave and two sinewave.  There is a symbol marked by each BNC socket indicating waveform.  I have verified this with an oscilloscope.

My other unit, with 50 Ohm outputs, does not sound quite as good.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore ultraRendu streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators. Coherent, Mad Scientist, Wireworld & Canare cables.

https://theaudiostandard.net

18 hours ago, FIndingit said:

Those of us who have the BG7TBL with sine and sq wave outputs can compare the two.

I seem to prefer the sine wave, which either means the Chinese sq wave conversion is bad or I happen to enjoy the added sparkle of some jitter. It’s very easy to hear the difference. Sine has more highs and air. 

It seems I was a bit hasty in my comments. The highs of the sine output can be a bit too hot and not entirely natural in female voices. So square wave output is my preferred one after all. 

Say NO to ROON

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Then you didn’t purchase this one ?

75ohm output by BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO FREQUENCY STANDARD 3 channel square wave  clock Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

No, that one came later.  To be honest, my setup sounds marvellous so I'm not inclined to change it now.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore ultraRendu streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators. Coherent, Mad Scientist, Wireworld & Canare cables.

23 hours ago, PYP said:

confirm that the Cybershaft makes a significant improvement to the eR's performance in my system.  Right now, the SQ is very, very good.  

HalloPYP, can you specify which type of Cybershaft you use, which 10 Mhz cable and what kind of supply in yr case.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Andreas

13 minutes ago, ambre said:

HalloPYP, can you specify which type of Cybershaft you use, which 10 Mhz cable and what kind of supply in yr case.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Andreas

Andreas,

Cybershaft OP13 clock  

Evidence Audio - The Melody clock cable (0.5 meter; 75Ω) (purchased from Geistnote LLC)

UpTone JS-2 (can be ordered with one 14.5 v output to feed the clock)

Regards.  

Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

Ethernet:  iMac/Roon > ... in-wall 5e ... > Sonore opticalModule [Sonore 5V LPS] > UpTone EtherREGEN + Cybershaft OP13 [UpTone JS-2 LPS] > Tambaqui ( = DAC/Roon Endpoint/preamp)

26 minutes ago, PYP said:

Andreas,

Cybershaft OP13 clock  

Evidence Audio - The Melody clock cable (0.5 meter; 75Ω) (purchased from Geistnote LLC)

UpTone JS-2 (can be ordered with one 14.5 v output to feed the clock)

Regards.  

Thanks

Hi,

I received my Tungsten block. I took the clock box apart and was surprised how flimsy it was. I decided to use diamond CPU paste to attach the tungsten to the clock. But I also decided to dampen the chassis. 

I purchased a roll of a product called Ve Quiet Extreme 10 years ago it so. It’s a material that I believe is used to quiet and dampen car chassis’s but many audiophiles, modifiers, and manufacturers use it to dampen metal chsssis to keep them from ringing. 

I several pieces to the interior of my clock. I applied a 3x5 piece to the top, two 1x 3 inch strips to the front and back panels, and I’d guess at least 9 3/4 x 3 inch strips sling the sides of both the top and bottom parts of the chassis. 

I tapped on the housing that enclosed the clock on the circuit board. It rang like a bell. So I cut strips of Be Quiet Extreme and carefully placed them around the perimeter of the housing and 4 small strips to surround the tungsten cube which was placed on top of the clock housing. 

The results were outstanding. The base became very taught with no over hang. The stile of a drum become much more distinct and palpable. The imaging became more precise instead of a diffused cloud. The sense of blackness increased.  

Before adding the tungsten cube and the Be Quirt Extreme I really hadn’t detected any downside t adding the clock to my EtherREGEN. It had been all positive. But the addition of the tungsten cube and the Be Quiet Extreme are very worthwhile tweaks. In fact I’d say if you’ve purchased a click you absolutely need to perform these simple tweaks and get the most for your money. These two tweaks double the enjoyment of the clock. 

Here is the link to a similar product similar to Be Quiet Extreme. 

https://www.amazon.com/Siless-mil-sqft-Sound-Deadening/dp/B07BLSP8JV/ref=mp_s_a_1_2_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=be+quiet+extreme&qid=1610328805&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVVVRUDJQU1o0UkNQJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMTA1NzYzM0w0VDQ1Q1lWR1pFWSZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNjAzOTIxMlZQQTVPNFhPSkNTTCZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

SteVe's V's

Speakers- Legacy Audio Vs & 2 Legacy LF Extreme Subwoofers, Amplifiers- 2 Coda 15.5 Amplifiers Biamped, Preamp- TRL Dude, DAC- Lampizator Golden Gate Legacy Audio WaveletPC Software-ROON, HQplayer, jPlay, Fidelizer, AudiophileOptimizer 2.10, jRiver, WSY2K12V2 Roon Server PC- , HqPlayer PC- Turntable- SOTA Sapphire, Sumiko FT3 Arm, Audioquest Cartridge, CODA Phono stage, Accessories- HAL Footers, PS Audio Powerbases, Aurios, HiFi Tuning Supreme Fuses, Power- PurePower+ 2000 & 3000, PS Audio: Powerbases, LAN Rover, Noise Harvester, Quintet, Ultimate Outlets HC, Welborne Labs & HdPlex LPSUs,

Cables- Clarus Crimson USB, Lampizator Silver Ghost USB, Clarus Crimson PC, Western Electric 10 gauge DIY Speaker Cables and Best-Tronics Belden 8402 Balanced Interconnects Equipment Racks- SolidSteel

Try also Black Ravioli footers and a heavy weight on top.  That finishes the job.

The tungsten works remarkably well!

I just received the 75ohm square wave clock from aliexpress.

Powered off the ER. Hooked it up. Turned clock on. Turned ER on. Light is green on the clock and music is playing. 

Is that all there is to it? 

30 minutes ago, Roasty said:

I just received the 75ohm square wave clock from aliexpress.

Powered off the ER. Hooked it up. Turned clock on. Turned ER on. Light is green on the clock and music is playing. 

Is that all there is to it? 

Should be, yes.

Although I would give it a couple of hours before you do any “critical listening”, it does take a while for this type of clock to stabilise.

Windows 10 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, SOtM sMS-200Ultra, tX-USBultra, Paul Hynes SR4 (x2), Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection.

Phase noise measurement and Allan Derivation can shows how good is the OCXO for audio equipment.

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: Goldmund 21D Convertor Mono Block x 2 

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Rovox PR99 MKII Open Reel

Digital Player: AfterDark. Rosanna Network Bridge x Roon Bridge OCXO Edition x JS-2

Dealer: SMSL, Gustard, Cybershaft, Pachanko Studio, UpTone Audio, Waversa, DELA

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Phase noise measurement and Allan Derivation can shows how good is the OCXO for audio equipment.

Hi Adrian, glad you joint this thread concerning an appropriate Masterclock for the EtherRegen. What to be the best bang for the buck will be? A clock for €5000,00 for a devuc
regards, Andreas