IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

8 minutes ago, JohnSwenson said:

This is a tough one, there are a lot of different interactions involved, no simple "This is always the best". I've been thinking all night about the best way to present this, I think I have  figured out a good way to present it, but it will take awhile to get it all written up, so be patient it may take a few days.

John S.

Thanks in advance.

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, MartinT said:

I am running my ER with sinewave and the Mutec with squarewave output. Sound quality is superb with this arrangement.

Don’t think I understand this ...?

My just arrived BG7TBL has 3 outputs - all 75ohm & I assumed square wave.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

/& btw, I just checked the ER manual & realised I’d used an incorrect connection sequence - hadn’t powered down the ER before switching to EXT clock & then powering up clock followed by ER.

So wasted a day or so burn in time, though not really been listening. Clock I suppose will have had stabilising time, after shipping travails.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

3 hours ago, jamesg11 said:

My just arrived BG7TBL has 3 outputs - all 75ohm & I assumed square wave.

I have two BG7TBL units, I'm using the one with 3 x 75 Ohm outputs, one squarewave and two sinewave.  There is a symbol marked by each BNC socket indicating waveform.  I have verified this with an oscilloscope.

My other unit, with 50 Ohm outputs, does not sound quite as good.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

18 hours ago, FIndingit said:

Those of us who have the BG7TBL with sine and sq wave outputs can compare the two.

I seem to prefer the sine wave, which either means the Chinese sq wave conversion is bad or I happen to enjoy the added sparkle of some jitter. It’s very easy to hear the difference. Sine has more highs and air. 

It seems I was a bit hasty in my comments. The highs of the sine output can be a bit too hot and not entirely natural in female voices. So square wave output is my preferred one after all. 

Say NO to ROON

9 hours ago, R1200CL said:

Then you didn’t purchase this one ?

75ohm output by BG7TBL 10MHz OCXO FREQUENCY STANDARD 3 channel square wave  clock Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

No, that one came later.  To be honest, my setup sounds marvellous so I'm not inclined to change it now.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Sonore Signature Rendu SE streamer > Gustard U18 DDC > Gustard X26 Pro DAC > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. AfterDark clocks x 2. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators.

https://theaudiostandard.net

23 hours ago, PYP said:

confirm that the Cybershaft makes a significant improvement to the eR's performance in my system.  Right now, the SQ is very, very good.  

HalloPYP, can you specify which type of Cybershaft you use, which 10 Mhz cable and what kind of supply in yr case.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

13 minutes ago, ambre said:

HalloPYP, can you specify which type of Cybershaft you use, which 10 Mhz cable and what kind of supply in yr case.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards, Andreas

Andreas,

Cybershaft OP13 clock  

Evidence Audio - The Melody clock cable (0.5 meter; 75Ω) (purchased from Geistnote LLC)

UpTone JS-2 (can be ordered with one 14.5 v output to feed the clock)

Regards.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

26 minutes ago, PYP said:

Andreas,

Cybershaft OP13 clock  

Evidence Audio - The Melody clock cable (0.5 meter; 75Ω) (purchased from Geistnote LLC)

UpTone JS-2 (can be ordered with one 14.5 v output to feed the clock)

Regards.  

Thanks

30 minutes ago, Roasty said:

I just received the 75ohm square wave clock from aliexpress.

Powered off the ER. Hooked it up. Turned clock on. Turned ER on. Light is green on the clock and music is playing. 

Is that all there is to it? 

Should be, yes.

Although I would give it a couple of hours before you do any “critical listening”, it does take a while for this type of clock to stabilise.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

Found also this Masterclock from well known company Paul Pang.

Does somebody tried this in combination with EtherRegen?

C60B767D-7734-4DDF-AB18-E62E8058515F.png

Phase noise measurement and Allan Derivation can shows how good is the OCXO for audio equipment.

Amp: Goldmund 27+ EVO Preamp, Goldmund 29M Power Amp, Goldmund AC-Curator

DAC: CH Precision C1.1 Digital Convertor,  Studer D19 DAC, Wadia 2000 DAC

Digital: Mutec MC3-USB,  AfterDark. Giesemann OCXO 10M Master Clock Giesemann EVA 

Playback: Goldmund PH3 Phono Amp, Linn LP12, Studer A807 VU MKII Open Reel

Network Switch:  AFTERDARK. PROJECT CLAYX BUFFALO BS-GS2016 CASCADE X GIESEMANN OCXO BLACK MODERNIZE EDITION x Farad Super3 LPS

Dealer: UpTone Audio, Gustard, Farad Power Supply, Cybershaft, Thixar, DELA

1 hour ago, AfterDark. said:

Phase noise measurement and Allan Derivation can shows how good is the OCXO for audio equipment.

Hi Adrian, glad you joint this thread concerning an appropriate Masterclock for the EtherRegen. What to be the best bang for the buck will be? A clock for €5000,00 for a devuc
regards, Andreas