Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

Mine came with a DAPU OCXO.

TP-Link MR6400 4G router > Uptone EtherREGEN reclocker > Asus TBS/Volumio streamer > Mutec MC-3+ USB reclocker > LKS MH-DA004 DAC > Burson AB-160 XLR buffer > Belles SA-100 power amp > Usher Dancer Be-20 speakers. BG7TBL master clock. PS Audio P3 & P10 regenerators AudioQuest, Coherent, MCRU & Wireworld cables

https://theaudiostandard.net

55 minutes ago, MartinT said:

Mine came with a DAPU OCXO.

Will they respond to requests for the DAPU version when ordering, or you get what you get?

mb pro>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen B-side(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu A-side(clones lpsu split>lps1.2)>uspbc>iso regen(clones lpsu split>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2xnaq12” passive subs.

13 minutes ago, jamesg11 said:

Will they respond to requests for the DAPU version when ordering, or you get what you get?

No, you get what you get. The specs for the FE-180 are essentials the same as the DAPU. -125dBc/Hz at 10Hz offset (which, when corrected for 10MHz versus 25MHz Crystek 575 performance equals about 6dBc/Hz @10Hz better performance than the EtherREGEN's internal clock).

But unless someone is putting those clocks on a proper phase-noise analysis station we really don't know for sure if those surplus DAPUs or FE-180s (pulled from cell-tower boards) are meeting their specs, sample-to-sample.

It is interesting how quickly the clocks that use cell-tower surplus have a positive effect.  My Cybershaft took a while to warm up-- probably two weeks (vs. a few hours for the cell-tower-based gear) before a real difference and then a month to complete the process.

Why might that be?  

Mola Mola Tambaqui / Kubala-Sosna XLR / Mola Mola Kaluga / KS biwire / B&W 803 D3

Ethernet:  iMac/Roon > ... in-wall 5e ... > Sonore opticalModule [Sonore 5V LPS] > UpTone EtherREGEN + Cybershaft OP13 [UpTone JS-2 LPS] > Tambaqui ( = DAC/Roon Endpoint/preamp)

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

But unless someone is putting those clocks on a proper phase-noise analysis station we really don't know for sure if those surplus DAPUs or FE-180s (pulled from cell-tower boards) are meeting their specs, sample-to-sample.

Speaking of tests...has yours arrived yet? Still planning to test it? 

It would be interesting to see measurements of at least one of these clocks.

On 9/3/2020 at 11:22 AM, FIndingit said:

This is a picture of the 50 ohm board. The output pin of the clock module is on the right and goes to c32. If someone could take a picture of the 75 ohm board now, because we only have a word from an alibaba seller. 

69358B51-91AB-40C5-81EA-F669B2E2B2A8.jpeg

I received mine yesterday. And no doubt it’s different from the 50ohm board.

(Edit: Maybe not... I notice only a small wire added). 

I haven’t decided how to power it up yet, as I should have two LPS-1 with a special Ghent cable to make 12 VDC in series, but I can’t find one of them. 

I will probably use either my LPS 1.2 that’s now powering my EtherRegen or a Gophert CPS-3205 ll supply. (Or visa versa). My Paul Hynes SR4T should stay powering the opticalRendu. 

However maybe I should take the other LPS 1.2 that’s powering my Singxer SU-1 (at 5V) and have the LPS-1 take over. 

The clock was also delivered with a small SMPS 12V 1A. 

What’s your advice ?

AED13E14-83E8-429D-A5E6-9675E6154A7D.jpeg

94DFBA3A-A778-4419-923C-26C1C5E07C78.jpeg

A82525A8-80C3-40EE-AD4E-4293FC1896CB.jpeg

E6929345-2A10-47A9-9B3C-A5BC71740C7F.jpeg