IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

2 hours ago, richard_crl032 said:

Safe bet will be Afterdark Queens or recommended Double Crown version but get from USA since about 20% discount there is great.

Is the dealer you refer to here called Ctronic Audio Labs? If so, are the prices on the website 20% off or do you need to contact them about this?

If not, who is the US dealer?

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

Connected to back end by: Transparent Ethernet 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

24 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Hi mfaoro,

Affirmative @ usd565 with already included discount and cheers.

Richard

Are you the proprietor on Ctronic?

Are there similar discounts on the other models? If I wanted a higher end model?

FRONT END: Analog: Radikal Linn LP12 > Linn Urika 2 phono stage. Sound: Linn Klimax Organik DSM > Linn Duo amp >Maggie 3.7i  Wires + Power: Transparent: Reference Speaker, XL Power Conditioner + XL Power Cords. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground Isolation: HRS SXR stand, M3X2 Bases. 

BACK END: Digital: Internet > OpticalModule > EtherREGEN < AD Queen Squarewave Clock < Roon Nucleus + (internal 7TB SSD music library) Isolation: Salamander Archetype rack, HRS M3X2 base the under Nucleus, ER,Stillpoints under all others Power: Paul Hynes SR7T > Clock, Nucleus. SR7T > ER & OpticalModule, SR4 > Switch. Furutech NFC Rhodium outlet on 10 gauge dedicated circuit with isolated ground 

Can I assume that the reason I don’t see the Mutec Ref 10 se120 mentioned much is because of its price.

It seems to tick all of the boxes. Square, 75ohms, isolated outputs, very low phase noise (if I’m reading the charts right - the only knowledge I have of clocks is from this thread).

Or is there something I am missing?

57 minutes ago, richard_crl032 said:

Usd7k indeed but not sure what can be heard in MY setup 😄

Yes, it’s super expensive and I doubt I’ll ever have it my system -but- I was curious why it was almost ignored. 

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, _JL_ said:

Two is Not Better Than One!

So I have two clocks, one CyberShaft and one Mutec. Have been using the Mutec for the ER for some time. The Cybershaft was powered (to keep it warmed up and stabilized) but otherwise sitting idle unconnected.

The other day I accidentally disconnected the power to the Cybershaft and noticed a jump in audio clarity - basically the proverbial veil being lifted kind of thing. Initially I was not aware of the real cause and just attributed it to less AC noise on Sunday. But later after carefully tracing the wiring I realized that the reason is due to powering down the Cybershaft. The veil would return if I power up the Cybershaft again.

This suggests that the idling Cybershaft is somehow interfering with the system, causing the degradation in sound quality. The Cybershaft is sitting atop the Mutec with its output unconnected so I guess that contributes to the interference. This also cast questions on tests comparing multiple clocks as they may in fact interfere with one another when powered on simultaneously.

If you have more than one clock you may want to experiment with this, just in case.

Which Mutec do you have and what do you think of it? Sound quality of Mutec vs Cybershaft?

• 2 weeks later...

Alright. My understanding of the moat idea is sketchy at best. Im thinking about buying a Mutec Clock. It has its own, internal LPS so it would be plugged into my power conditioner. Does the following sketch break the moat in the ER that is connected to my Nucleus and Linn DSM?

Red=power, Green=network/clock connections

Screen Shot 2021-07-29 at 9.59.02 PM.png

15 minutes ago, mourip said:

Well thought out reply. I really liked AOIP/Rednet. It gave me some of the best music I have had. I ran into an issue with the D16 dropping it's connection regularly and just could not get it straightened out. Now I have server>ER>NUC>USB> Mutec USB>AESEBU>Denefrips Terminator with REF10 clocking the ER and Mutec. I am very happy. Details in sig. I do suggest modifying the Mutec to use an LPS. It is pretty simple with basic DIY skills.

Have you seen directions or know of anyone who will modify the REF 10 to use an LPS?

Last month you gave me some good feedback on a network/power diagram. Thank you.

I figured I’d reply with a revised diagram but it took me a month and I finally just drew it. Do y’all see any issues with moat (or other) issues?

red=power

blue=network

I noted A/B sides of Etherregen.

19599AED-4354-4AFA-9F71-A9960A876BBE.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Iving said:

ooh yes - @Superdad I bought a sq. wave clock for my eR - if I get a eR2 can I still use my sq. wave clock?

Or "expensive ultra-low-jitter sine>square wave converter chip" can be diverted?

Or I'm better off with "expensive ultra-low-jitter sine>square wave converter chip" and should get sine clock instead?

My sq. wave clock has >1 outputs - also clocks Mutec reclocker.

Comments welcome

thank you

I’m curious too. I’ve got a MUTEC REF10 se120.