IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, zerung said:

@LowMidHigh Sorry I dont buy this.

You need to be careful with your views.

I live in HK and if anything, there is a strong bias towards European things....(which is definitely changing), if anything else. Which to me is based on an individual preference, driven by analytical analysis of sound (Using the instruments on the sides of ones head) and not necessary objective inference based on a  test data's....

To push the whole of Asia off the map with a swathe of your 'Non Prejudicial' statement is alarming.

Neither do I, from the UK. Many techies worldwide are into the bigger and better whether or not it has an impact on sound quality or quality of life. It has nothing to do with location, politics or race. It's just sadly human....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
5 hours ago, mitch751 said:

I bought Mutec Ref 10 before I purchased ER, with or without Ref 10 does a major impact in my system.

Have been listening for few months and ordered a Mutec Ref 10 SE120 for my listening room, it arrived this morning and have a listen for few hours so far, the improvement over Ref 10 is quite significant (subjectively 20-25% better)

My setup - Mac Pro > Cisco 2960 > SPF > ER (with SE 120) > UltraRendu > Esoteric K05x (with SE 120)

That’s very interesting, thanks.

Have you evaluated the impact of the two Ref-10s on the EtherRegen only? If so what were your impressions?

2 hours ago, ambre said:

Hi Guys,

Just ordered the Giesemann Master Clock with Emperor Crown OXCO with seems  superior to entry level of Cybershaft.

Including an appropriate Supply LPS ( Carbon Fiber, Gold fuse, Furatech NCF and 0,8 mtr DC cable)  with all further add-ons Clock Cable (Huber + Suhner & BNC plugs)  and Cybershaft 75-> 50 Ohm adaptor.   AND A NICE GROUPS BUY DISCOUNT FOR " AUDIOPHILESTYLE"  USERS.

I give the Giesemann a fair chance. Ps. I also ordered the BG7TBL 10Mhz Ocxo 3 Channel Square Wave for around € 90.00. And I can compare everything with a Mutec Ref 10 and maybe a SOTM too.

That sounds very exciting and your impressions will I am sure be helpful to many of us.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, ambre said:

NO.  We are still waiting for the clock papers by Uptone & Swenson company.  Repeatedly stating ...before buying clock products, please wait for the clock paper to come out.......to make an informed choice!

In the Audio industry like Merging Nadac also Master Clocks brands Mutec, Tascam, Antelope .....all use a Sin Wave 50 Ohm and less 75 Ohm (mostly for video) in their studios and consumer applications.

John was quite clear about square wave being preferable and has not given any indication that the clock paper will mark a change of thinking.

You keep repeating the above-quoted misinformation about clocks. The Mutec Ref10 is, for example, a square wave clock with a combination of outputs, but gives the preference to 75 Ohm, as you can see from the number of outputs provided:

• 2 x 10 MHz reference clock BNC output, 50 Ω terminated, unbalanced
  • 6 x 10 MHz reference clock BNC output, 75 Ω terminated, unbalanced

As you report different types of good external clocks result in an improvement. We have several reports of this on the forum and I have a friend who is very happy with adding a SOtM clock (sine wave and 75 Hz) to his EtherRegen. But of course no-one wants just better, we want best 😀

Also, note that whereas the SOtM clock was originally supplied with only a 50 Ohm output, they now offer both 50 and 75.