IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

7 hours ago, PYP said:

agreed.  Had been powering the eR and an external clock with the same JS-2, which apparently defeats the moat.  Yet, the other benefits of the eR (plus fiber into the eR) resulted in great sound.  Currently, the eR is powered by a LPS 1.2 and the clock by the JS-2.  The moat is back.  Both a more subtle presentation and a larger, more 3D soundstage.  The moat works.  And the LPS 1.2 is a very fine LPS.  

Just ordered an ER and and an Afterdark 75 ohm clock. So it's best to get two LPS 1.2 vs one JS-2 then? I'm embarrassed to say I have no experience with LPS other than an iFi I picked up to run my switch. Never really noticed much difference with that one but never did extensive A/Bs either.

A question I have is that I'm using a very good power filter - the Shunyata Everest which has isolated duplexes. Would I still benefit anyways from using (2) LPS? I have enough outlets to plug the clock and ER.

PYP nice setup with Mola Mola btw!

• 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, MasterWarzombie said:

I have a DR 510 oyaide cable. I think this is a suitable cable for my square wave.
I will stay with the belden cable provided by After Dark afterwards to make a comparison again, but I no longer want to burn in the clock again because as soon as you turn off, you start over. It is painful this story besides.

Interesting...if you don't turn the clock off and simply swap cables does it restart the whole burn-in process as well?

Just now, PYP said:

Is this a one meter cable?  The online reviews are as impressive as your impressions.  

The general recommendation is to keep the cables short, but perhaps the superior construction outweighs length if the cable you are replacing isn't constructed as well (not saying the one you replaced is faulty or a bad cable).

Yes, I was worried about the length - 2x as long as the Wyde Eye it replaces but no problems so far

2 hours ago, mikeg said:

Laurent, 

Where did you hear Wireworld Starlight Ethernet cables impact the ground loop and break the B side of the EtherRegen?  I have the Wireworld Platinum Starlight 8 Twinax in my system (3 x 2m cables) and EtherRegen in my stereotimes reviewing system and I have not experienced this cable to break the B side of the EtherRegen or create a ground loop.  Just wondering the source of this....

I have this same Wireworld cable and do recall seeing Alex posting some time back that cables with exposed metal plugs were not good to use but still prefer it and have continued to use it as well.