IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

Hi musiclovers - thank you for sharing your findings regarding the chinese wonderclock!

I have just ordered it - link here: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000152539910.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.795e4c4dGTiyce

but am now not sure if I ordered the right one since there was another link that showed a version specially mentioning the ER - https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4001245799329.html?spm=a2g0s.12269583.0.0.4d27d1dcGgjsgQ

my question is - should I order the second one providing better performance....????

My second question is - where does a non USB mutec fit into the picture of reclocking the ER wiht the chinese clock - does it improve the sound even more - or is the difference not substatial...

Thank you for the reply!

Mouna

• 3 weeks later...

Hi sgr,

thank you for the reply though I will wait ordering util you are back and have tried out the constellations you mentioned...

Until then it is difficult to say which component influenced the sound you have now - anyway if its enjoyable who cares....

I also got the chinese clock with 50 Ohm and waiting for the 75 Ohm version to come - but it arrrived two days ago and still burnig in as the Belden clock cable does too...but iot seems to deliver a more clear sound from the very beginning - hope it smoohtens a bit while burning in...

I will see which difference the two versions of the clock make - does anyone here has compared these two already?

• 2 weeks later...

HI Martin,

great your findings agein - I have ordered this little weight for the clock, have it here - since I had ordered the wrong version of the clock first and waiting for the ether regen version to come - I would like to ask you whether after you chnged your version to 75 Ohm - what was the difference soundwise?

Because if there wasn't  really a differnce I might as well mount the cube on the 50 Ohm clock and then I could also give you a feedback what the effect of it is....

Thanl you in advance

best

1 hour ago, magnuska said:

I have the audiophilestyle edition queen square version coming in a few days. I have now the chinese BG clock as well.

I am sure even the cheapest version will better it. 

In all fairness. All afterdark clocks has been assembled and developed with utmost care for details in many areas . 

are you guessing - since if you have no experience with them how do you know?

Best....

thank you for making it more obvious - and I plan to buy the double crown and the After Dark PS!

Has anybody tried the tungsten block on this one on top of the clock or found any other improvements - or can anyone recommend a PSU from After Dark to match the quality of the double crown?

Thank you in advance - this forum is a great joy and support - so many serious music lovers with a kind attitude - thanks to everybody!

• 1 month later...

i got two mini circuits from GB - one of them i connected to the ER - with great results - from the very beginning many more details and dynamics...thinking now about using the second one at the clock - does that make sense two on one cable?

I have another switch from PPang with a 25MHZ clock - thought about using a minicircuit with that one too - is that  doing any harm or will it give benefits also though 25MHZ - any idea - shouldn't harm the switch since only a filter....

any thoughta - knowledge about that...would appreciate your opinions/ experiences...

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 8:24 PM, Rasputin said:

So I got the minicircits filter today 75 ohm. Tried it on etheregen, then on the chiana clock using sine wave. THe BNC is from ghentaudio Belden.  Well, it sucked the life out of the sound.  it got sterile and dead.  Connected the BNC from the square wave to etheregen, better than with the filter, but without the china clock etheregen sounds best.  The best result with the china clock I had - square wave into etheregen with an acrolinc very expensive bnc cable.  That combinatin was quite better than eitheregen alone. 

This is my experiment:) and I'm not going the afterdark road..

will you tell us which cable it is.....the very expensive one...sounding how in your system.....

On 5/25/2021 at 10:34 AM, Rasputin said:

It was Acrolink 7N-DA6100 MEXCEL, somehow the sound was cleaned but not sterilized, you could hear a hall or stage or the church with organ for example (not only an organ without surroundings) , it gave warm natural timbers and dynamics, basically a whole lot more “Live” sound. I may suspect a bit of nice coloration the kind that brings the emotions forward. The later experiments showed real dependance of the china clock on the power source and its cables. Before I had china PSUs, studer900 and another one. Now I have two Farad PSUs, one top specs (furutech inlet, Sinergistic research orange fuse and silver DC cable) and the other basic psu just with upgraded copper DC cable. First connection of the basic to the clock and the top speced one to ER was ok sound but nothing really waw, but when I switched DC cables around, well that is when I really got coherent, very involving and to my ears natural sound. Sposa, Non Mi Conosci by Merope Giacomelli has just brought tears to my eyes… and that with Ghent audio belden 15 USD cable using square wave between BGT (whatever the strange name of this china clock) and ER.  As I said later, I have a MC filter 75ohm and need to experiment with sine wave as advised by Superdad. Unfortunately I do not have the Acrolink any longer to see its effect with good PSUs that I have now.

thank you - this is quite an investment 4K - not available to many....

The question is, since cables with sine wave do not seem to matter that much as with square wave - how much importance to give to their quality  - I guess it matters - thats why i hope someone her will has made

good experiences with great cables .

My two ER's have Adark 75 Ohm sine wave clocks I wonder which clock cables will enhance the sine wave symphony - any ideas/experience anybody apart from Belden/Canare...

• 3 months later...