IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

2 hours ago, LowMidHigh said:

You sure don't want a component placed right over a different component. Of course, there could be more to it.

True but I ran out of rack space long time ago so no choice for now. The CyberShaft is on top of the Mutec even when not powered so the difference is not due to stacking.

3 hours ago, FIndingit said:

Mutec is particular about their steel enclosure, because of possible disturbances. What is the Cybershaft enclosure made of, aluminium?

The Cybershaft enclosure is made of aluminum I believe. It's much lighter than the Mutec FWIW.

3 hours ago, mfaoro said:

Which Mutec do you have and what do you think of it? Sound quality of Mutec vs Cybershaft?

I have the Mutec SE120 and the CyberShaft is OP17. I compared them quite some time ago (was waiting for the Cybershaft to run-in). The main difference at the time was in clarity, i.e., resolution, transparency and air. This is probably not a fair comparison as the Mutec is 3x more expensive. 

29 minutes ago, jmmbarco said:

Hi guys! Sorry for the off-topic as this thread is focused on etherRegen, but as I have read some of you are using the Mutec MC3+USB with an external 10Mhz clock, I just wanted to know if the internal jumper JP1 in the MC3+USB has to be changed from the default manufacturer position "2" (75 ohm termination) to "1" (no termination) to connect an external clock.

My clock is Giesemann Double Crown.

Thank you very much in advance!. Any help will be appreciated!

Best,

jm

I don't think the jumper needs to be changed. It should be terminated at the MC3+ unless you're daisy chaining the clock to other devices (at which point only one should be terminated).