IGNORED

Master Clock for your EtherREGEN

The markings on these units are various. Mine says 2019-12-09 on the outside, 2018-07-26 on the inside and 2020-03-13 on the board itself. The LT1963A regulator on the top gives out 12v so unless you input closer to 12.5v dc it does nothing (except add noise probably). 

I also doubt they actually impedance match the traces, parts etc to 75 ohm, they only change the connector (or don’t as it seems). 

But the clock has a positive impact, no doubt. 

Say NO to ROON

I have always wondered whether bypassing regulation with lower input dc than the regulator needs (for dropout) is beneficial or not, but nobody actually knows. We should experiment. If it’s beneficial, I could find lots of use for “undervoltaging”. 

Say NO to ROON

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, roberto2 said:

Two questions:

1) does this change improve the sound and how?

2) could you share some pictures of the board ? 

Thank you

1. Less noise is all I can say. 
2. https://www.ldovr.com/product-p/lt3045-1a5.htm

Beware that the quality of the BG7TBL board itself is of the cheapest possible quality and destroying and lifting traces is almost inevitable. 

Say NO to ROON

23 hours ago, roberto2 said:

Thank you but with my second question I intended to see the modified clock board...🤗

In other words, could you share some pics of your mod?

Sorry but that would require powering it down to take new photos. A thing to avoid as written earlier. 

Say NO to ROON

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Those of us who have the BG7TBL with sine and sq wave outputs can compare the two.

I seem to prefer the sine wave, which either means the Chinese sq wave conversion is bad or I happen to enjoy the added sparkle of some jitter. It’s very easy to hear the difference. Sine has more highs and air. 

Say NO to ROON

18 hours ago, FIndingit said:

Those of us who have the BG7TBL with sine and sq wave outputs can compare the two.

I seem to prefer the sine wave, which either means the Chinese sq wave conversion is bad or I happen to enjoy the added sparkle of some jitter. It’s very easy to hear the difference. Sine has more highs and air. 

It seems I was a bit hasty in my comments. The highs of the sine output can be a bit too hot and not entirely natural in female voices. So square wave output is my preferred one after all. 

Say NO to ROON

4 hours ago, Roasty said:

I just received the 75ohm square wave clock from aliexpress.

Powered off the ER. Hooked it up. Turned clock on. Turned ER on. Light is green on the clock and music is playing. 

Is that all there is to it? 

Did you flip the switch?

Say NO to ROON

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...