IGNORED

Article: Review | APL HiFi DSD-SR MK2 DAC

16 minutes ago, PeterG said:

Wow!  If this is matching the rest of your stable, it's a major breakthrough in price/performance on the high end.  1.5-2X better?  I bought my Yggy for $2K after you opined that it performed like a $15K DAC.  Maybe it's time for a $15K DAC?

Hi Peter, I'm not sure where you're based, so I don't know if you have easy access to listen to one of these. APL components are truly special. As distribution increases more people will get their ears on this stuff and "see" what I'm talking about. It's interesting you mention the Yggdrasil. This is like the Yggy taken to another level.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, gerbaldi said:

Hello Chris,

Thank you first for all your reviews it helps a lot when thinking of a system upgrade !

After having read reviews, I am thinking of getting EMM Labs DV2 (with EMM preamp) or APL DSD MR DAC (with APL streamer and preamp).

You reviewd both of them at different times with a very positive feedback for each,

And I will listen to both of them, but at a different time and in a different place which makes the choice very difficult.

=> What would be your advice ?

=> And then I which mono amplifier would you recommend for verity audio Sarrastro speakers ?

linked to the DAC and preamp mentionned above ?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer ,

Best regards and congratulations for your publications that are awesome !

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume, thanks for the kind words. 

These two systems are very different, but somehow get the listener to the same place. It's very likely you'll be in one camp or there other after listening to them. I don't want to sway you at all before listening because you really can't go wrong with either system.

I love the Sarrastro speakers. That ribbon tweeter is fantastic. The great thing about Sarrastro speakers is that they're easy to drive, opening up your amplification options greatly. I've hear them sound fantastic with Nagra VPA tube amps or much more powerful solid state Mbl amps. You really have tons of options with these speakers. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png