IGNORED

Article: Review | APL HiFi DSD-SR MK2 DAC

On 5/29/2020 at 8:34 AM, Albrecht said:

Hiya,

I am still running that beautiful APL Denon with a digital coax input & the wonderful H-Attenuator directly into my BC power amp and I've heard nothing that is clearly better. I agree with all that you've said and found that it bettered, or I preferred in my system it to all comers: even DACs that are much more expensive would make me say, - "really, - i don't think so!"

Another great benefit that folks seem to rarely mention is the ability to compare directly and immediately digital file player audio via the digital input and CDs.

Although I've been working on the digital file player side for years, - the APL helped me immensely to compare what I was doing on the digital file player side to help me improve it, and keep me on the right track in knowing what is "right" for me, - playing back digital files. 

I have also had the great pleasure of visiting Alex numerous times and hearing vs iterations of his speakers, amplifiers and of course, - Universal players. I really miss those great chats, and Alex as a friend & teacher, - explaining to me what he was doing, and why he was doing it!

I so wish that I could move to the south of France and then zip over to Ruse and get me one of these new DACs.

(corrected Ruse)