IGNORED

The Absolute Sound Or Stereophile? Which is your favorite?

20 hours ago, Digi&Analog Fan said:

Also what reviewers are your favorites? Of course the late Harry Pearson, but who after him, and which reviewers do you not like as far as the accuracy of their evaluation or not mentioning pertinent things?

Hi-Fi News and Record Review is my favorite audio magazine. I think it is the best Audio rag in the English-speaking world. I’ve a friend who says that some German magazine is better, but I don’t read (or speak) German, so I can’t comment. Knowing the Japanese, I suspect that they probably have some great Hi-Fi mags too, but again...

I also find two other British Audio Magazines to be excellent reads: Hi-Fi Choice, and HiFi+ are also excellent. I take digital subscriptions to all three of those Brit magazines, as well as Stereophile, TAS, and Australia’s HiFi.

Because of the way it’s distributed, I find TAS to be the least desirable. 

Their web-based “reader” is, in my opinion, very awkward, making the digital edition harder to read than the rest.

My favorite writer was Stereophile’s Art Dudley, but since he’s no longer with us, I find myself pretty much “at sea” in that regard, these days.

George