IGNORED

Please Use The New Classifieds Section

Just enabled creating your own store that only lists your items. You can also customize it a little bit. 

Stores are 100% optional. To enable your own store follow these steps.

1. Go to your profile

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 9.40.08 PM.png

2. Edit your profile

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 9.40.33 PM.png

3. Enable and name your store

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 9.40.49 PM.png

4. See your store's link on your main profile page

Screen Shot 2020-05-25 at 9.41.15 PM.png

Here is my store - https://audiophilestyle.com/classifieds/store/5-the-computer-audiophile/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris,

Hope your week is going well.

I saw the other day that you seem to have disabled users posting new threads in here. Can only assume this is to force us to use the Classifieds functionality. I'll be honest (as previously discussed) I have a few misgivings about being forced to use functionality that frankly you are excited about but we might not be. That said it's your site and you probably have good reasons so hey ho.

Meantime some feedback on suggested improvements for Classifieds:

1. If a user sends me an offer in a PM rather that uses the Offer button, then I don't seem to be able to update the Classified other than Complete or No Longer For Sale. It would be good in this scenario so mark it as Pending or Under Offer in the same way I can when the offer comes via the Classified.
  2. When a Classified is updated as Sold or I guess even No Longer For Sale, then it would be good for the forum listing in this Buy & Sell section to be updated accordingly.

Be interested in your thoughts on both.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

10 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

If a user sends me an offer in a PM rather that uses the Offer button, then I don't seem to be able to update the Classified other than Complete or No Longer For Sale. It would be good in this scenario so mark it as Pending or Under Offer in the same way I can when the offer comes via the Classified.

I trued to make the classifieds as simple as possible. Adding complexity for edge cases is something I won't do right now. 

In the days of the traditional buy & sell forum, you could add a message at the bottom of the thread saying Sale Pending or whatever. You can still do that now or just ask the person who PM'd you to use the proper Offer button in the classified. 

10 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

When a Classified is updated as Sold or I guess even No Longer For Sale, then it would be good for the forum listing in this Buy & Sell section to be updated accordingly.

I will see if I can make this happen. 

Ideally, one would browse the classifieds and only use the forum area for questions and answers about products s/he is interested. This would remove the need, but I still would like to make this happen. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response.

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Adding complexity for edge cases is something I won't do right now. 

Sorry but I don't agree this is an edge case. As long as PM is an option and replying on the forum post is an option then this is likely behaviour.

If the owner of a Classified can update it manually to Sold or No Longer for Sale, then adding Pending is surely not that onerous.

And that Pending status will avoid prospective buyers having to scroll right to the end of a potentially lengthy listing only to see it's Pending a sale.

You seem keen for people to use Classifieds rather than the Buy & Sell forum. So with that comes the need to make the Classified functionality as compelling as possible. As mentioned previously USD only prices for example is a glaring weakness right now.

I will see if I can make this happen. 

Thanks very much for looking into this.

Ideally, one would browse the classifieds and only use the forum area for questions and answers about products s/he is interested. This would remove the need, but I still would like to make this happen. 

I think you're missing something here. People will browse the Buy & Sell forum simply to see what people are selling. This is often when they are not looking to buy anything and are just curious. I'm betting that people will often end up buying items they didn't know they wanted or 'needed'. 😉 Classifieds is set up differently because you need to drill into the category you are interested in. Simply put it's more effort to casually scan and as a result less people are likely too. I'd strongly advise you keep the Buy & Sell forum for this purpose alone if nothing else.

I'm really not trying to be argumentative here. Honest! I understand that you are trying to roll out enhanced functionality. And as someone who works in technology and software I have a good understanding of the principles. I'm just recommending that the roll out of better '2.0' functionality doesn't lose sight of some convenience aspects for the casual user.

I'll try to shut up now 🤐

Thanks,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Does “completed” in the classifieds mean that the item has been sold?  I assume so, but “sold” seems to me to be a more straightforward way of expressing that than is “completed.”

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

6 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Does “completed” in the classifieds mean that the item has been sold?  I assume so, but “sold” seems to me to be a more straightforward way of expressing that than is “completed.”

Completed can mean sold, item not for sale anymore, or nobody purchased it in a certain period of time. Completed items will list the reason on the top of each listing. 

Thanks, Chris. Guess I need to look more closely. 

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s

Hey Chris,

Like the new image BTW. It's like Chris brought to us by Pixar 😄

Another suggestion for your consideration if you don't mind. I've had a couple people pinging me asking if items are still for sale. This is despite the Classified being marked Completed and the forum listing being updated with "Sold".

I'm wondering if the For Sale icon is what's causing the confusion. FWIW it seems clear to me that this is no longer available. Completed seems pretty clear to me. But others are not spotting this apparently.

I wondered if either updating "FOR SALE" to "SOLD" or changing the colour from green to say greyed out might make it more clear.

Anyway. Just a suggestion.

Thanks,

Alan

image.thumb.png.4f1546f09b77065a95f8597908c0cf6d.png

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, elan120 said:

@The Computer Audiophile, could you advise what is the proper steps to place a label here showing item has been sold?

Some of the items I see show "Sold" at the subject line, but I failed to find this feature in my recent post that were post by the Classifieds after changing status to "Completed".

There isn't a simple way to do this for now. I added this to your listing for now. 

Hi Guys, I enabled comments below each item for sale in the Classifieds section. Please use these comment sections to post questions or whatever you wish, about a specific item for sale. I will disable comments in the Buy Sell forum and eventually hide this area. The new Classifieds section offers all the functionality of this sub forum, I believe, and more, so it doesn't make sense to have two areas. In addition, we don't have to deal with marking threads SOLD after the classified has been sold etc...

• 10 months later...

Hello. I posted an ad for my DALI speakers, followed by my SVS sub. For some reason, the pictures of the DALIs show up in the SVS ad! I've tried deleting them, but that didn't help. Can you do anything on your end? Thank you.

B&W 803D3 speakers

McIntosh MA9000 integrated amp

Esoteric K-03 SACD player; Chord Qutest DAC

VPI Prime Signature turntable/Ortofon Cadenza Bronze cartridge

Sennheiser HD800s, Audyssey LCD-xC headphones