IGNORED

Does Anyone Miss When Audio Was More Conservative?

Certainly don't miss the old days we have come a long way since. Its the same with cars, the car has evolved to the best I've ever known and I worked on them in the 70's. The evolution in technology has now rendered the modern car to be the most reliable, comfortable, low maintenance, powerful, economic vehicle. I can not go back to the old days but only for nostalgia, sure the old V8's etc had class and I do admire the variety of designs but travel in a late model car is a dream in comparison.

My Hi-Fi back in the 70's had no low bass to speak off, mind you it wasn't on any records I owned. Good quality gear has never been cheap. My first Linn LP12 was $1200 and I was earning about $200 a week then 1980. I ended up with a Sota TT $2000 and a VdHull hand made cartridge worth $3000 by 1990. There has always been hype in the Industry and you have to wade through it.

The fact that today the price of some gear is beyond what we ever could have imagined back in the 70's and 80's is commenced with the wealth people have accumulated since. A guy like Jeff Bezos Amazon its all affordable for him and many others with billions. Doesn't have time to tweak doesn't want to.

There are still tremendous bargains to be had in Hi-Fi and honestly its never sounded better in comparison to old. I never cease to be amazed at what the kids can get out of a sound box with simple construction connected to a mobile phone walking down the street.

Robert