IGNORED

EtherRegen not working LG C8

I know I already have a post about this issue but I can't edit the other post so I am creating a new one.

I found out that my TV works on the 100mb B'side. On the A side there is no light on the port. I have tried different cables but can't get it to work.

My AppleTV 4K works need to test my Marantz Processor.

The TV works on my old https://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-5-Port-Ethernet-Unmanaged-FS105NA/dp/B00002EQCW

As I was googling my NETGEAR switch I just found out it was only a 100mb switch

Then the next logic step was to found out if the TV supported Gigabit network.

Is there any way of installing an usb gigabit network adapter on a webos smart TV? The builtin wired adapter is only 100mbps (on a 2000$+ TV, shame on you LG!!!) while the wifi (N) is very poor, with the router at 1m from TV it only gets half the bandwidth of the wired network. Anyway the wired network maxes out near 100mbps but I need more bandwidth as I have 4k video content with bitrates grater than 100mbps which I cannot stream without stuttering to TV through XPLAY/PLEX.
Original Content From: https://www.lgwebos.com/topic/3395-gigabit-ethernet-on-smart-tv/

So the question can be boiled down to this:  Can a device that only support 100mb be connect to a gigabit connection?

3 hours ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

So the question can be boiled down to this:  Can a device that only support 100mb be connect to a gigabit connection?

Hi Martin:

The 'A' side side ports of the EtherREGEN will auto-negotiate with connected devices to 10Mbps, 100Mbps, or Gigabit (1000Mbps)--whatever the device supports.

The 'B' side port of the EtherREGEN is 100Mbps-only.

It is becoming something of a known issue with certain model of LG smart-TVs that have a problem performing proper auto-negotiation. Either just in the case of EtherREGEN's 10/100/1000 'A' side ports or with Gigabit-capable switches in general. I don't know because the only time it has been brought up to us is in the context of EtherREGEN.

Do let us know what else you discover.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

--Alex C.

10 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hi Martin:

The 'A' side side ports of the EtherREGEN will auto-negotiate with connected devices to 10Mbps, 100Mbps, or Gigabit (1000Mbps)--whatever the device supports.

The 'B' side port of the EtherREGEN is 100Mbps-only.

It is becoming something of a known issue with certain model of LG smart-TVs that have a problem performing proper auto-negotiation. Either just in the case of EtherREGEN's 10/100/1000 'A' side ports or with Gigabit-capable switches in general. I don't know because the only time it has been brought up to us is in the context of EtherREGEN.

Do let us know what else you discover.

Thanks and have a nice weekend,

--Alex C.

13 hours ago, Martin Herløv Andersen said:

My router is far away from my TV

I have same problems  witH my LG OLED 65 inch 2018 Tv.

Discussed in detail with Uptone. But found no solutions. Added an anditional switch A- Port and it works. Strange.

Regards,Andreas

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, ambre said:

I have same problems  witH my LG OLED 65 inch 2018 Tv.

Discussed in detail with Uptone. But found no solutions. Added an anditional switch A- Port and it works. Strange.

Regards,Andreas

I think that big company's like Netgear has such a large userbase that the catch this kind of errors.

Right know a user on the AVSforum are testing his B7 and C9 with a Gigabit switch. Waiting for the result.

I using WIFI for now, have a pretty good connection. But I like all streaming to be with cables