IGNORED

Does BIAS affect audio test results?

1 hour ago, pkane2001 said:

Threshold testing: testing for audibility thresholds of human hearing. This is similar to discrimination testing, but the DUT in this case is the listener with the goal of determining the limits of audibility of different signals or distortions in human perception

I don’t think that’s correct.  Pure tone threshold determination is an incredibly well studied test that is as objective as any other biologic test with which I’m familiar.  There is no difference being detected between two alternatives - what’s being tested is the threshold of a biologic response to a single stimulus.  The only device under test is the auditory system of the subject.

Done in properly designed and equipped environments with calibrated, certified devices, it is measurable, highly reliable, and consistently repeatable both among multiple subjects and for the same subject in repeated administrations.  It’s not of as much use as a determinant of hearing ability as most believe, but this is not relevant to the topic here. 

Comparative audiophile auditions aren’t in the same country, let alone the same ball park.

46 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I'm not sure which part was incorrect, can you please clarify? The audibility threshold testing I mentioned is not just about pure tone audibility.

Pure tone threshold determination is the name of the basic audiometric test that most people consider a “hearing test”.  It’s the kind of hearing testing (or what passes for testing...) that you find on the internet.  It appears that you’re using that term to mean something else - but “audibility threshold testing“ is what it is and nothing more, in the world of otology and audiology.

3 hours ago, Summit said:

Threshold test are not for audio gear, it’s for testing the human hearing

I think you may have misunderstood me.  “Pure tone auditory threshold determination” is a specific hearing test. But you can test for the threshold of audibility of anything - noise, jitter, 5th harmonic distortion, cosmic rays, or whatever else interests you. Just call it what it is, eg “jitter auditory threshold testing”. And you’d have to control for the subjects’ hearing acuity, since a 30dB threshold shift at the frequency or frequencies of the test parameter would be expected to shift its threshold too.