IGNORED

Dedicated Internet Connection for Streaming

1 hour ago, 2ndLiner said:

Thank you for all the input. I confess: I am a neophyte when it comes to the finer points of internet connection. Perhaps unnecessarily, I was thinking that having a separate pathway, in this case ATT's fibre optic, sans phone, etc., would provide a cleaner signal. Not true?

How does one go about making sure the network inside our home is tuned well?

Thank you!

There are several threads here on tuning a network for best audio and there are courses and books on network optimization.

1 hour ago, 2ndLiner said:

Thanks, Bobflood...Dou you have any links or book suggestions?

There is an online resource by Cisco I have looked at from time to time and there is a For Dummies book on networking and many others of course. The best thing is to do what Chris said and get a quality router and switch and don't mess with it too much. Also just search this thread for help on specific questions as many things have come up and been answered here. I have gig fiber and it provides excellent service but I wouldn't expect any revelations from using fiber. It mainly provides a more robust service in comparison to DSL or a shared cable system. If you have a small to modest number of devices on your network then you should not need to tweak it much. Lastly, you will get the best results for your audio devices if you stay with a wired setup using at least Cat5e wiring. Wifi and good sound quality seldom go together.