IGNORED

Best Server Currently to replace the Zenith SE

Hi @Yorkshireman,

FWIW I have the SE and have spent the last month or so contemplating whether to upgrade to Statement or add the Phoenix. I haven't pulled the trigger on either but am strongly leaning towards the Phoenix as cheaper and gets me 75% towards the performance of the Statement whilst saving money I can invest elsewhere in my system.

Just my own thinking in case it's useful. If you are completely happy with the remainder of your system then the Statement might make more sense for you. Likewise as @Blackmorec is suggesting some network optimisation can make a real difference and I know from his previous posts he's spent a lot of time and effort exploring this.

The Extreme sounds awesome but it's 2.5 times the price of the Statement. And the Extreme mini sounds great but it's just a plan right now. We'll find out in time I guess. The Grimm MU1 sounds intriguing too but haven't heard it yet. Meantime Innuos have a great track record so I wouldn't hesitate buying another of their products as the Zenith MKII and SE were both exceptional.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers