IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Going to Extremes with the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme (Part 4 of 5)

Dammit @ray-dude, I was happily reading these tremendous reviews safe in the knowledge nothing on earth was going to get me to spend an extreme 25 odd grand (see what I did there!) so my wallet was safe here.

Then I hit the following section on the Sablon 2020;

"This is the most invisible and transparent USB cable I’ve ever heard, and I’m hearing it all over again. Such a delight, and in the world of audio nervosa, such a gift to completely trust a component like this and know it is just right (I’d missed this cable more than I knew). "

Goddammit! 😤

I have the Sablon Reserva which is an awesome cable but is currently ousted by the Lush^2

I'm now intrigued by the 2020. And its been over a year since I suffered from cable envy. I thought I was cured of it!

You feel there's a good SQ distance between the 2020 and the Lush^2 ?

Great job on the review by the way. Best review I've read in a long time.

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

On 5/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, lmitche said:

Anyway thanks again for the terrific write-up.

And thank you Larry for all you've discovered and shared!  I feel that the Extreme is really a culmination of the collective learning of folks like you and others here on AS (CA).

If you get to hacking your USB Slim before I do, please share your findings (I'll of course do the same).

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

13 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

I'm now intrigued by the 2020. And its been over a year since I suffered from cable envy. I thought I was cured of it!

Ha!  FWIW, the 2020 Sablon USB cable cured me of USB cableitis within about 30 seconds.  I have boxes full of shielding and solder and cables now, and I'm delighted not to be thinking about that stuff any more.

Drop Mark a note.  I'm sure he has some USB cables in circulation for test.  If you get a hold of one, would love to hear what you hear vs your Lush^2's (and I loved my Lush^2's!)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Ordered the Sablon 2020. The Reserva was so good that it would be almost churlish to ask for an audition. Especially when you, Rajiv, Roy and others are all saying it's a clear improvement.

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

• 2 months later...

Thank you Chris!  Net net: SR Orange audiophile fuse with the Extreme?  Yeah, it makes things better.  Investing in better power in to the Extreme makes a big impact.