IGNORED

Is now the right time for "Extreme Week"?

3 hours ago, Iving said:

I agree that there is room for everybody here. If you can't afford an Extreme, but want a best possible alternative, you can build your own server assisted exponentially by the knowledge and experience blogged on AS. I am all about bang-for-buck - no matter how much I can or cannot spend. I am not offended remotely by "Extreme Week".

Agreed. I would like to point out that the “Extreme” might be the best option for the particular configuration selected — it feeds the Chord Upsampler. If one wants an “Extreme” server capable of extreme HQPlayer upsampling, I suspect this would NOT be the best, simply because single core CPU speed is the most important parameter ... and do a fancy extreme cooling solution to overclock an i9-10900K ... which has been liquid nitro cooled to 7.7 GHz! Might be better ... that said by our most recent testing wouldn’t get to EC modulators at DSD512 rates ... in any case there are different techniques each optimized for different requirements. There is no one right answer!

Custom room treatments for headphone users.