IGNORED

Roon Core iMac - WiFi to router or Ethernet

I run Roon Core on my iMac. I use WiFi to connect the iMac to my Router. Just out of convenience mostly, one less cable. I have a separate network switch connected via Ethernet to the main TP-Link WiFi Router (with a WAN connection via Fiber Internet) that serves the whole house: iphones, ipads, computers, Rokus, even our thermostats and outdoor lighting, etc. From the network switch I only run Ethernet to my network streamer (SoTM SMS 200 Ultra).  Everything is good sounding, great even. I'm a happy camper.

The other day someone posted to another user about setting up a network streamer, "be sure the Roon Core computer is connected to your router via an Ethernet cable not WiFi for best sound." They went on to say, "better yet connect the computer running Roon Core directly to your network streamer via an Ethernet Cat 6 cable."

Obviously, it won't be too difficult to try both of these topographies myself, but wondered if anyone here thinks there is merit in these suggestions?

Analog: Rega P8 > Ortofon Cadenza Black > Bob's Devices 20:1 SUT > EAR 834P Deluxe MM/MC tube phono stage

Digital: Shanling ET-3 CD Transport. Streaming via SoTM SMS200 Ultra Neo w/ SPS500 power supply > Chord Hugo TT2

Sound: PS Audio PowerPlant3 >  Naim Supernait3 > Harbeth P3ESR

That is what their support team suggests— I do mine the same way you do and have an Ethernet out from my router and don’t use it anymore and I think my SQ is pristine from ROON A+3.5 TIDAL and Qobuz through both and through their respective desktop apps