joelha

A fantastic music download site

Rate this topic

My apologies if this site has been publicized on Audiophile Style, my search found no reference to it.

The site is http://fondamenta-music.com/

Fantastic high-res music from artists like Oscar Peterson, Dave Brubeck and Bill Evans as well as some gorgeous classical recordings.

The recordings themselves are very well done and, surprisingly, the prices are low for what you get.

Enjoy.

I certainly am.

Joel

Thanks Joel. I forgot about this site and will have to get busy!

can't seem to figure out how to download. where is the cart to pay?

JoeWhip,

I know, I had to work with that a bit myself.

Once you're on the Dizzy Gillespie album page for example, click on the page a few times and then hit the down arrow to move down the page.

You should then see the attached image which I hope will give you the information you're looking for.

Joel

Fondamenta.jpg

Yes I saw that but when I click on download the album, I see nowhere else to go. Will keep at it.

Look at the grocery cart.

There should now be a number in it.

I didn't realize that for a while.

Then click on the grocery cart and it should take you to complete your purchase.

Joel

Don't ask me how long it took me to figure that out.

You won't feel so bad.

Joel

Where does this content come from? There's nothing on the site (for any of the jazz albums at least) about how they were recorded or how the label came by the tapes.

Foné is equally obscure and opaque - but they record their own stuff. HDTT sometimes discusses how they came by the tapes - and what they did to them. I'll probably pick up a couple to see what they're about, but I find it annoying when it's high-resolution stuff with zero data on provenance.

For example, it looks like the Bill Evans album is the same as one released by 2xHD a while back. It'd be interesting to get some data on a comparison - anybody have those?

Thanks for the heads-up Joel.

Doody

I don't know for sure, Doody.

I just know the recordings I've heard are quite good, in some cases unavailable anywhere else I'm aware of and the prices are very good.

Joel

Definitely picking up that live Monk.

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK and OWC external 2.5" HD (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (HDPLEX 100)>LIVING ROOM:>Sonore opticalModule (Sonore Power Supply w/ SR Black fuse))>Ghent Audio JSSG Cat 6a cable>Sonore microRendu 1.4> (Uptone ) Uptone USPCB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 110>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics.

OFFICE:Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's, Cisco 2960PD. BJC cabling for ethernet aside from the Ghent and Naim stock AC cables with Wattgate or HifiKing Plugs. 

An absolutely FREE site is archives.org— I downloaded all the DEADs first time performed live songs it is a hoot and SQ is not bad and lot of other artists are available also