IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Going to Extremes with the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme (Part 3 of 5)

3 minutes ago, bbosler said:

it seems to me doing the digital conversion to USB out of the Extreme and back in the DAVE can't improve anything?

What do you mean conversion? It's data going from the Extreme to the DAVE. There is no intermediate conversion to an audio format then back to USB data. 

3 minutes ago, bbosler said:

In my mind, the use of USB is for when you have to, not the first choice when you do have choices.

Why do you feel that way? I'm usually the opposite. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

14 hours ago, ray-dude said:

Absolutely! I have single driver speakers, so i have a bigger need than most.  This is actually next in the pandemic projects queue and should be a lot of fun.

I’m hoping to spend some quality pandemic time with @pkane2001’s DISTORT package as well. I’d really like to understand what’s audible and not audible in a more quantitative way. 

I highly recommend working with @mitchco. He worked wonders with my room. And, the beauty is you can enable/disable it with the tap of a finger. No swapping out cables to see if A is better than B for any type of music. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png