IGNORED

Recommend Someone Who Can Do An Affordable Yet Professional Job Reterminating Speaker Ends (spades to banana's)?

TubeLover

As the titles says, I have a very high quality pair of speaker cables that must be re-terminated from the existing spades to bananas 

before I can use them as needed. I've spoken to the manufacturer, which would have been my first choice, but the price quoted was

borderline outrageous.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks. 

JC

I don't see a need to publicly name the company, I've talked to other people and all of the higher end cable manufacturers seem to want a great deal of money for this service. They were going to charge me $950.00, stating the the banana connectors alone,  that they use, are over $300.00 per set of four. 

The only local electronics store that I am aware of is noted for less than ideal quality of service, so not a good option. I've also reached out to others for potential help with this. 

JC

4 hours ago, SJK said:

You don’t have to do that!  I had the same issue connecting Cardas Cross spades to a pair of Devialet monoblocks. 

What you need is the Cardas CAB connector. Worked like a charm. 

http://www.cardas.com/cab.php

Looks like a very good connector, and with the Cardas name behind it, there shouldnt be any question about its performance. Thanks.

JC

1 hour ago, plissken said:

Christ...

I was asking what they were charging because, just maybe, the price is actually in line.

I was asking about the make and model because someone here may have already done this and knows who to contact for this.

You're being a bit cagey IMO.

Didn't mean to be. I just hate throwing things out there that may negatively impact a manufacturer if, in fact, the price was higher than is fair. Which I didn't know. The cables are from Synergistic Research. And further research into them maks it seem like a bad idea to try to reterminate them. These are a very complex cable with many, many soldering points. 

JC