IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Going to Extremes with the Taiko Audio SGM Extreme (Part 1 of 5)

Excellent work, looking forward to the follow up parts. Thank you 9_9

Music Sever - Taiko Extreme

DAC's - MSB Select II + Femto 33 Clock + Dual power supplies + Pro USB Module

Amp's - Raal HSA-1bMSB Reference HP Amp, MSB Select Estat Headphone Amp Woo 234 Mono's Elite, Takatsuki 300B, 274B

Headphones - Raal Requisite sr1a, MySphere 3.2, Kennerton Thror's, Stax SR-009 & 009S, Sony MRD-Z1, Abyss Phi TC, Audeze LCD-4, 24 & 4Z, Focal Utopia, HiFiMan Susvara

Cables - DHC OPUS HP, Stage III Gorgon XLR's + Xphynx USB

Power - Shunyata Triton V3 & Typhon QR + Sigma PC's Isolation - HRS SXR Ref Stand + MX3R Isolation Bases

Ray- wow, excellent work and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.  I love the attention to detail!

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Just now, DuckToller said:

Hi all, hi @Blackmorec

if you're interested, you may want to use the collaborative playlist " Extreme playlist - Reality Quest" I have created this morning:
https://play.qobuz.com/playlist/3240595 where I have put together anything I could find on Qobuz.
Sad fact, most of Chesky, Linn and some Blue Coast are missing.
Cheers, Tom

Terribly sorry about this guys!  I love it when folks like Rajiv post their review playlists, and I realized as I was writing this that I couldn't do the same.  It may be time to make a "Streaming Demo" playlist for future reviews and give up these old favorites.

(And thank you @DuckToller for putting this together!)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

$24,000 Euros for the base unit and they still upcharge an extra $220 for 4 TB storage.

Does anyone know what this means:

"All data and software storage is non SSD, and utilizes non SATA, non volatile solid state storage modules."

If you're OK waiting until tomorrow, I go into great detail on storage strategies (and the why's) in Part 2.  Basically storage is direct PCIe connected storage (for OS and Music), which is consistent with a lot of findings here and elsewhere that this sort of storage results in better sound quality (presumably by giving CPUs more direct access to storage)

ATT Fiber -> EdgeRouter X SFP -> Taiko Audio Extreme -> Vinnie Rossi L2i-SE w/ Level 2 DAC -> Voxativ 9.87 speakers w/ 4D drivers

Really nice way to kick off this 5 part series, @ray-dude.  I found what I've quoted below to be tremendously insightful.  I very much look forward to reading your thoughts on how the Extreme helps to get you there (which I assume it does).

"For me, the key issue isn't so much latency, as it is reducing the variation in latency. By way of example, playback that has a latency of 1 second +- 0.00000000001 second would be preferable to a latency of 0.001 sec +- 0.0001 sec."

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

Dude! Ray! Ray-Dude!

What a read and you haven't switched the fecking thing on yet 😅 Bravo!

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers

Ray-dude,

I love your writing style, the story sounds very interesting so far, and I love that you are listening to Todd Garfinkle recordings as part of your eval!!  :)Todd's stuff is so wonderfully done, and usually mesmerizing..something world music can be proud of.  I'm hooked to read part 2.  :)

5 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Dude! Ray! Ray-Dude!

What a read and you haven't switched the fecking thing on yet 😅 Bravo!

Spielberg could go an hour into a movie before showing the Shark...I'm definitely not at that level!  I promise, there are a lot of glamor shots start in part 2

2 minutes ago, ray-dude said:

Spielberg could go an hour into a movie before showing the Shark...I'm definitely not at that level!  I promise, there are a lot of glamor shots start in part 2

Shush please, I'm reading part 2 😉

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm MU1 > (Sablon 2020 AES) > Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Focal Sopra No2 speakers