IGNORED

Volt +D left channel output fluctuating between 0-6 V with no input

I have a Volt +D amp with power supply purchased from Allo

Lately my left speaker started making a knocking sound with no input.

I disconnected the input completely and measured the output across the left channel terminal and found that it is fluctuating between 0-6 V

The potential difference across right channel is close to zero (2 milli volts)

I could zero further measure the potential difference between the output of pin 30 of TPA3118 and the input ground which is fluctuating between 18v and 6v.

What do I do? 

This used to happen when the amplifier was new as well. But turning it off and on used to fix the issue. I never debugged the issue then with a DMM.

Now it's been more than 2 years since I purchased this and the problem is persisting and I am afraid it can damage the speakers.

Also I see the bottom of the board and I see some difference in the thermal pad. The problematic channel IC chip has a silver spot on it.

See attached image.

Please help. It will be a shame to find that the amp is damaged after such a short period of usage. 

8B9A6AFA-E50C-49DD-86A1-CB23E726D15B.jpeg

On 5/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Saurabh said:

I have a Volt +D amp with power supply purchased from Allo

Lately my left speaker started making a knocking sound with no input.

I disconnected the input completely and measured the output across the left channel terminal and found that it is fluctuating between 0-6 V

The potential difference across right channel is close to zero (2 milli volts)

I could zero further measure the potential difference between the output of pin 30 of TPA3118 and the input ground which is fluctuating between 18v and 6v.

What do I do? 

This used to happen when the amplifier was new as well. But turning it off and on used to fix the issue. I never debugged the issue then with a DMM.

Now it's been more than 2 years since I purchased this and the problem is persisting and I am afraid it can damage the speakers.

Also I see the bottom of the board and I see some difference in the thermal pad. The problematic channel IC chip has a silver spot on it.

See attached image.

Please help. It will be a shame to find that the amp is damaged after such a short period of usage. 

8B9A6AFA-E50C-49DD-86A1-CB23E726D15B.jpeg

Forwarded PM please check