IGNORED

I am having a problem and hoping someone here can help...

6 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Well, I made a discovery tonight...

First, the ringing has gone down some. My ear clearly has an infection and that is causing some of the problem and it is getting better, slowly... However... I was futzing with my new amp and as soon as I played music through it, without having the headphones on my head, I could hear a very high pitched ringing. I stopped the music, it stopped with the ringing. Start the music, the ringing started back up. SO I called my SO in the room and asked her if she could hear it too. She did.

SO now my brand spanking new crazy expensive headphone amp has to go back for repair of some sort. I'm not listening to it right now anyway, but man, this is a bummer.

Wow, a major bummer but a good thing that nothing else inside you needs repair. 

Have you used an app on your phone to identify the frequency? Not that it will do anything, but it may be an indication of what’s malfunctioning. 

21CE8B93-CD82-4446-AC1C-F07E251ABB6F.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

well, the news is not good...

It turns out that I have developed some arthritis, and among the joints affected are the temporomandibular joints, which if you're not aware of what that is, its your jaw bone joint that lets your lower jaw move the way it's supposed to. This is inflamed and very near my left ear, which is causing the ringing. Temporarily, I am on Prednisone to help reduce the inflammation and it does reduce the level of the tinnitus, but it does not go away. It will probably never go away and that sucks.

Bummer to read. 

Can you modulate the tinnitus by clenching your teeth?

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png