IGNORED

Uptone Regen or IFI Between Innous Zenith mk2 and dac?

Has anyone tried the IFI micro or Nano 3.0 or the uptone regen between the Innous or other servers and there dacs? If so, is there any sound improvement ? I have been considering these devices but am concerned the Innous already has this technology built in and these devices would be overkill. My dac is the Mojo Audio Mystique V3. 
TIA

I've had the Regen and ISO Regen. They help with "lesser" USB endpoint devices feeding DAC's with weaker HW/PS. I sold the ISO Regen once I was using

NUC endpoint with JS-2 as the added USB cabling degraded SQ. From the threads I've read, you have to start looking at something like the SoTM TX USB ultra if you want to

improve  the Innuos Zenith as it has top notch HW/PS design.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 12:53 PM, kennyb123 said:

While an ISO Regen improved a microRendu, I sold it after I moved to an Innuos Zenith Mk2.  

One thing to remember is that the microRendu had a decent oscillator onboard, but not nearly as good as the USB oscillator in the ISORegen and the newer Rendu series. These better XOs only became available after the first production run of the microRendu. There are some 1.4 microRendu where we updated the oscillator to the current spec for existing customers. The ultraRendu (one FEMTO oscillator) and subsequent opticalRendu (two FEMTO oscillators) were then designed to take full advantage of the new improved FEMTO oscillators.     

Innuos launched the Phoenix USB thingy not too long ago, and there's a review on the main page.

This is for PC setup (likely noisy USB), so take it with a pinch of salt:

I use iFi iUSB 3.0 Nano in front of Uptone ISO Regen in a laptop setup. Sounds preferable to just using either iFi or ISO Regen. The difference is quite small and very subtle on my current DAC compared to previous DACs I've used. I attribute it to the excellent USB input of this new DAC.

But you'd really have to try it to know if there's an improvement and whether you can hear this improvement.

Nice DAC, BTW!