IGNORED

USB Signature player ?

So currently I use a Lumin DAC/Streamer. If I wanted to switch to another DAC that is USB and not ROON capable, what would I do ?

Would the USB Signature player, with shanti and one of the proper software be a way to go  ? If so now what. I am totally confused about these products.

I am assuming the USB Signature player connects to your network, and is the ROON end point  ? Then a short USB into the DAC ?  I do not use the DAC on the dedicated PC I am using ?It looks like you can also HDMI into some kind of a monitor to work on the software  ?

Lost, but looking for the basics, and maybe how hard is this to get working ?.

Thanks,

Wayne

NAD M33, SGC SonicTransporter I5 GEN 3, w/ 2GB SSD drive as the storage and ROON CORE, with SGC CD Ripper,  Fiber Optic converter system, ROON.  Revel Performa 3 F208 Speakers, ROON, Grover Huffman EX speaker cables, and Bass Jumpers,  WD EX2 Red Drive NAS, Netgear Nighthawk Router, all streaming hardwired Cat6/7, no WiFi. Sony Blu-Ray for SACD backup, PS Audio Dectec to a dedicated 20 amp circuit, Custom Speaker covers, PS Audio Power, Signal Power .

41 minutes ago, Waynefi said:

So currently I use a Lumin DAC/Streamer. If I wanted to switch to another DAC that is USB and not ROON capable, what would I do ?

Would the USB Signature player, with shanti and one of the proper software be a way to go  ? If so now what. I am totally confused about these products.

You will also need a DAC since USBridge Sig is just a network player (transport).

I am assuming the USB Signature player connects to your network, and is the ROON end point  ?

Yes although it depends on the OS option you select. Most would provide some sort of ROON endpoint.

Then a short USB into the DAC ?

Yes.

I do not use the DAC on the dedicated PC I am using ?

No.

It looks like you can also HDMI into some kind of a monitor to work on the software  ?

You can but this is not required. Configuration is done via web interface from a browser on your PC, or via ssh remote console session which is mostly only used for troubleshooting.

Lost, but looking for the basics, and maybe how hard is this to get working ?

It should work pretty much plug and play if you connect it by a wired Ethernet. Wireless can be a bit harder to set up.

Thanks bamyasi, for the info. On the 4th one down I meant to say I do not use the USB on my dedicated PC ?

NAD M33, SGC SonicTransporter I5 GEN 3, w/ 2GB SSD drive as the storage and ROON CORE, with SGC CD Ripper,  Fiber Optic converter system, ROON.  Revel Performa 3 F208 Speakers, ROON, Grover Huffman EX speaker cables, and Bass Jumpers,  WD EX2 Red Drive NAS, Netgear Nighthawk Router, all streaming hardwired Cat6/7, no WiFi. Sony Blu-Ray for SACD backup, PS Audio Dectec to a dedicated 20 amp circuit, Custom Speaker covers, PS Audio Power, Signal Power .

4 hours ago, Waynefi said:

Thanks bamyasi, for the info. On the 4th one down I meant to say I do not use the USB on my dedicated PC ?

No you don't and that's the whole idea. Instead, you use network (Ethernet or WiFi) to transfer digital musical files from your PC or NAS to USBridge Sig and then USBridge outputs the decoded digital audio via its dedicated (clean) USB port to your DAC. So you do not need to have large, bulky and noisy (both acoustically and EM) PC always on just to be able to listen to your music. You can instead store it on a NAS, or on a SSD or flash drive connected to your WiFi router (if it supports connecting external USB drives). There are other options as well, so having a dedicated network player on your network makes it for a much more flexible configuration.

15 hours ago, bamyasi said:

No you don't and that's the whole idea. Instead, you use network (Ethernet or WiFi) to transfer digital musical files from your PC or NAS to USBridge Sig and then USBridge outputs the decoded digital audio via its dedicated (clean) USB port to your DAC. So you do not need to have large, bulky and noisy (both acoustically and EM) PC always on just to be able to listen to your music. You can instead store it on a NAS, or on a SSD or flash drive connected to your WiFi router (if it supports connecting external USB drives). There are other options as well, so having a dedicated network player on your network makes it for a much more flexible configuration.

Thank you. So right now I have a PC with an SSD with ROON and Win 10 on it, along with a second standard drive with Music files. This is all I use this PC for. This is hooked to my network where a Lumin DAC/Streamer that is ROON ready feeds my amps balanced analog in.

Considering that this integrated has an excellent built in USB DAC, I was thinking about removing the Lumin and using the Built in DSD USB DAC, but wanted to stay in the network, and keep the USB away from the PC.. But on what you said, don't I need to have the PC on to use ROON to the USB Bridge Sig which is ROON ready ?

On 5/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Waynefi said:

But on what you said, don't I need to have the PC on to use ROON to the USB Bridge Sig which is ROON ready ?

Sorry for the confusion, but I do not use ROON myself. My understanding, if you use ROON for all your music then you will need to run ROON core server anyway, which requires PC or MAC, so you will still need a dedicated computer somewhere on your network since USBridge Sig cannot be used as a ROON core. But you will be able to avoid noisy USB on your PC by having a separate network player (USBridge Sig). And these days, you can find excellent USB DACs for very reasonable price, check some less expensive Topping or SMSL models.

Hi Allo Team, 

I am trying to download the latest DietPi version from your side now for 2 days. After 2-5 minutes the speed is that slow  that I cannot proceed downloading.

Do you have a better and especially faster link?

Very best regards, Andreas

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-16 om 20.48.41.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

On 5/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, ambre said:

Hi Allo Team, 

I am trying to download the latest DietPi version from your side now for 2 days. After 2-5 minutes the speed is that slow  that I cannot proceed downloading.

Do you have a better and especially faster link?

Very best regards, Andreas

Schermafbeelding 2020-05-16 om 20.48.41.jpg

Forwarded PM please check