On 1/29/2021 at 8:13 PM, SackATK said:

I have yet to remove the ISO Regen to see how it may affect the Phoenix

Any findings?

Tks

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

I had IsoRegen in my system for a while to good effect. I initially used it in conjunction with the Phoenix and noticed a smoother, denser sound with a seemingly larger stage. 

IsoRegen is a great little bang for the buck that can improve a good system. However, once your system reaches the upper levels of resolution and transparency the IR will eventually start holding it back. 

By the time I added the Phoenix the smoothness of IsoRegen was unnecessary and only masking low-level detail. What I took for a larger stage was really more diffuse and indistinct imaging. 

The Phoenix is on a different level and IsoRegen may only lower its performance by adding lower grade components into the chain. 

On 3/25/2021 at 10:48 PM, soares said:

Any findings?

Tks

Reading that the Phoenix benefits from good input, I never seriously thought about removing the ISO Regen from the USB chain. My ISO Regen was powered by a DC chain consisting of HDPlex 300W > Uptone LPS 1.2 > DXP-1A5DSC > DXP-1A5DSC.  That's a lot of LT3045 regulators!  The LPS 1.2 was set to output 12V and the DXP units downconverted the voltage to 7.1V for the ISO Regen. The ISO Regen improved the opticalRendu (not subtle to my ears) and my DC setup was better than straight Farad 3 power supplies.  In summary, I thought I had good input to the Phoenix.

But with all this said, I have completely replaced the use of my USB chain with a Grimm Audio MU1 and AES cable. 

7 hours ago, SackATK said:

Reading that the Phoenix benefits from good input, I never seriously thought about removing the ISO Regen from the USB chain. My ISO Regen was powered by a DC chain consisting of HDPlex 300W > Uptone LPS 1.2 > DXP-1A5DSC > DXP-1A5DSC.  That's a lot of LT3045 regulators!  The LPS 1.2 was set to output 12V and the DXP units downconverted the voltage to 7.1V for the ISO Regen. The ISO Regen improved the opticalRendu (not subtle to my ears) and my DC setup was better than straight Farad 3 power supplies.  In summary, I thought I had good input to the Phoenix.

But with all this said, I have completely replaced the use of my USB chain with a Grimm Audio MU1 and AES cable. 

Sack,

What a small world 😀!
The Phoenix arrives today.

Curious about how does it compares to my RUR and IsoRegen in cascade.

Kind regards, 

Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

• 5 months later...
On 3/28/2021 at 9:07 AM, soares said:

Sack,

What a small world 😀!
The Phoenix arrives today.

Curious about how does it compares to my RUR and IsoRegen in cascade.

Kind regards, 

Jorge

Hi Jorge, how did you make out with the Phoenix?

I have just downgraded my source to fund new speakers, so I am starting from scratch again. Currently using my Laptop USB to a Musical Fidelity MX Dac. Has anyone tried the Phoenix with just a computer or Laptop as the source?

So many different servers, streamers and Dac’s to think about now. Just thinking a good starting point might be to keep my Laptop(for now) and add the Phoenix. 
For reference, I just traded in a Naim ND5XS2 and Naim Core with Chord Mscaler/TT2 DAC. But I could not pass on these Kharma DB7’s.

I like what PGGB files do also, has anyone used these files with the Phoenix?

6394D1F8-A073-4FCD-A093-BC97823C1481.jpeg

• 4 months later...

This thread hasn't seen a post in a while but I thought this may be the best place to ask this question. 

I've been using a Phoenix in my chain to great effect for a while now. However, some think that it's categorically better to address the USB at the outset rather than fix it later. 

So, I've been wondering if I should swap out my Phoenix and install either a JCAT XE or Pink Faun USB w/ Ultra OCXO. 

Has anyone had experience comparing the two paths? 

8 hours ago, edwardsean said:

This thread hasn't seen a post in a while but I thought this may be the best place to ask this question. 

I've been using a Phoenix in my chain to great effect for a while now. However, some think that it's categorically better to address the USB at the outset rather than fix it later. 

So, I've been wondering if I should swap out my Phoenix and install either a JCAT XE or Pink Faun USB w/ Ultra OCXO. 

Has anyone had experience comparing the two paths? 

Interesting question, I have a Pink Faun Ultra, I was wondering if the Phoenix would perform better than the pink faun. If affordable I was considering both. Or add this to the chain with new Sablon USB cable. 

9AFA8ECC-4BD5-40BA-80B8-1B722A385369.jpeg

• 6 months later...

I need to choose from the Aurender MC 20 and the Innuos Phoenix Reclocker .  At the moment I have the Uptone Ether Regen .  My streamer is the Aurender X100 L to the MSB ANALOG DAC. Advice needed especially regarding clocks in the above Reclocking units. 

• 6 months later...