IGNORED

Help With Audio Solution For My Daughter's School

Hi Guys, I'm the default AV guy when it comes to AV solutions for my daughter's school. Yes, the school is closed right now, but they are planning for the eventual return of the students and for students to be separated by a safe distance. With this in mind, for some stuff they'll be using a projector in a room that normally fits about 50 people (I don't have dimensions currently), but will have far fewer kids. The current projector solution they have only has audio inputs and a tiny speaker output. They currently connect a laptop to the projector and play videos either downloaded, streamed, or on disc. 

ProjectorEpson Home Cinema 760HD 

User Manualcpd53633.pdf

hc760_hero_690x460.jpg hc760_back-panel_690x460.jpg

Project: Find an audio solution, preferably a pair of speakers, "as small as possible, affordable (I'm sure this is a huge range), and transportable."

The projector has no output, only input. My initial thoughts are to run HDMI to the projector form the laptop and run USB to a pair of powered speakers. I'm unsure if this will work and I fear it would be an either HDMI or USB type of situation. I can test this at the school though, before purchasing anything. 

Question: Does anyone have powered speaker recommendations for this project? They should be durable, and "as small as possible, affordable (I'm sure this is a huge range), and transportable."

Thanks for any input you have. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, DuckToller said:

I think that's a good start to split the signal. Then, I just need to find powered speakers.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

1 minute ago, dsnyder said:

I'm a fan of the JBL 305P. Do they meet your definition of affordable, small, and transportable? They would need to sit on something. Perhaps a pair of chairs?

Looks like $220 for a pair, plus cables.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381116-REG/jbl_305p_mkii_powered.html

Great start. Do you know if they make them with digital input?