IGNORED

Sean Jacobs (Custom HiFi Cables) DC3/4

Curious if this is just temporary but I have been trying for two day to open Sean Jacobs website and I get 404.

www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk

I looked through the thread but didn't see any reference to him actually shutting down the website.  Maybe I missed it..

Vinyl Nirvana Thorens 125 MKII+EAT JO No5 w/ SoundSmith Boran Cantilever>Gold Note PH5+HDPlex 500 ATX+
HDPlex 300>Custom W10 Server>Roon Rock>Euphony Stylus v4+Endpoint v4 Atom/JCAT XE USB>ISO Regen>
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 w/ RoomPerfect>GR Research NX-Studio + Rythmik F18 Servo Sub
"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"

Gotcha....

Vinyl Nirvana Thorens 125 MKII+EAT JO No5 w/ SoundSmith Boran Cantilever>Gold Note PH5+HDPlex 500 ATX+
HDPlex 300>Custom W10 Server>Roon Rock>Euphony Stylus v4+Endpoint v4 Atom/JCAT XE USB>ISO Regen>
Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 w/ RoomPerfect>GR Research NX-Studio + Rythmik F18 Servo Sub
"Get Off Your Knee, Burn The Mask And Please Wake Up....You Have Been Lied To About Everything...And I Mean Everything"
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, Blackmorec said:

According to his Out of Office message, Sean is on vacation until 8th September. Apparently he tried to update his website shortly before going on vacation and a Google update scuppered the attempt, leaving the website down until after vacation. 

Blackmorec, are you still using AQVOX SE + GIGAFOIL v4 power by DC3?

I’m using same combination as yours but without DC3 so i want to add LPS but Nenon advises me to change to M12 Switch + DC4 (remove Gigafoil v4 from the chain). How do think about this suggestion sir?

5 hours ago, vutranchitam said:

Blackmorec, are you still using AQVOX SE + GIGAFOIL v4 power by DC3?

I’m using same combination as yours but without DC3 so i want to add LPS but Nenon advises me to change to M12 Switch + DC4 (remove Gigafoil v4 from the chain). How do think about this suggestion sir?

Hi Vutranchitam ,

Yes I’m still using an AQVox SE powered by DC3 but don’t have nor have ever used a Gigafoil V4, so I can’t really comment. However I’ve followed Nenon’s advice on a number of occasions and its always proven to be spot on. The M12 with DC4 sounds like a winning combination if you want the ultimate in network switches and power supplies. Nenon has a lot of experience in this regard so I’d have no reason to doubt the veracity of his advice.  In my experience a great switch combined with a great power supply can deliver stunningly good results, often beyond even very optimistic expectations. 

3 hours ago, adamaley said:

I've added a DC3 with 4 rails to power my NAS, etherRegen, Arris modem, and edgerouter. It replaces 4 Farads in my system, and I was surprised to experience a decent increase in performance. Saved me a lot of clutter as a side effect.

Curious if you've bothered to determine which devices benefited most from the DC3.  Completely understand if you have no interest in doing those experiments.  I certainly wouldn't.  😉

On 9/3/2020 at 11:17 PM, Evo-No-Revo said:

Curious if this is just temporary but I have been trying for two day to open Sean Jacobs website and I get 404.

www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk

I looked through the thread but didn't see any reference to him actually shutting down the website.  Maybe I missed it..

Not quite the site I'm trying to get back to. Was able to get a few weeks ago to what appeared to be Sean Jacobs direct website discussing 4, 4t, 5, 5t and 7 power

supply options and purchase but now am unable to find it, wish I'd bookmarked it. Anyone know what that link is?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

4 minutes ago, davide256 said:

Not quite the site I'm trying to get back to. Was able to get a few weeks ago to what appeared to be Sean Jacobs direct website discussing 4, 4t, 5, 5t and 7 power

supply options and purchase but now am unable to find it, wish I'd bookmarked it. Anyone know what that link is?

?? I wouldn’t talk to Sean Jacobs about sr4,4t, 5, 5t and 7 he won’t  like that, I think. 😀 for sr4 etc go to https://www.paulhynesdesign.com.

And for dc3 and DC4 power supplies contact Sean Jacobs at, https://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/power-supplies

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

8 hours ago, RickyV said:

?? I wouldn’t talk to Sean Jacobs about sr4,4t, 5, 5t and 7 he won’t  like that, I think. 😀 for sr4 etc go to https://www.paulhynesdesign.com.

And for dc3 and DC4 power supplies contact Sean Jacobs at, https://www.custom-hifi-cables.co.uk/power-supplies

Thanks! I’ve obviously never purchased before from either.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

5 hours ago, davide256 said:

Thanks! I’ve obviously never purchased before from either.

No worries, 👍

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

• 3 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 8:07 AM, adamaley said:

@magnuska I'll definitely report back once everything burns in. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying your DC 3. I am thinking about going down that route eventually for the ancillary network components closest to the DAC. I was under the impression the DC 3 could only have a single output. It's always great when one component replaces two- you get to save on power cords.

@Blackmorec I've always enjoyed your writing - thanks for breaking down your journey and impressions of Sean's products. Thanks for making my wait more unbearable;-)

I myself have gone through a gamut of linear power supplies: LPS 1, LPS 1.2, JS-2, Sonore Signature Rendu LPS, and now Farad Super3s. Each step brought significant improvements and a realization that power is the most critical aspect of a networked digital chain. 

I must also add how responsive and accommodating Sean has been throughout my ordering/build process. 

Hello

How do you compare JS versus LPS1.2?

And with Farad super 3?

Best

Richard

On 8/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, Fourlegs said:

I listened to Uptone LPS-1.2, MCRU, Ciunas (now defunct), SBooster + Ultra MkII and just for a laugh, a Sean Jacobs DC4. The DC4 was way in front as the best but it doesn't make sense to use a £3000 power supplky with a £1200 DAC so that is out of the equation. I found the MCRU to have a residual top end slight harshness, the Ciunas is not available and with the DC4 out of the running I ended up with the SBooster + Ultra MkII as my favourite.

However, I also have a Farad3 which was configured to 15v for the mscaler and I have just converted it to 5v by obtaining a replacement supercap board and transformer from the manufacturer so I will try that with the Qutest. I have also rebuilt the Ciunas to correct the rather lackadaisical build quality (I'm being generous with that assessment) and added a couple of further tweaks of my own I'm liking the sound of that as well. It is probably best if I let you know how I get on when I put the Farad3 in a group test of all those power supplies . . . .

Hello 4legs

Did you finally compared Farad super 3 to your other supplies? Interested by your feedback

regards

Richard

On 1/26/2021 at 12:58 AM, Ricardo007 said:

Hello 4legs

Did you finally compared Farad super 3 to your other supplies? Interested by your feedback

regards

Richard

Hi, in the 'normal' price bracket I preferred the Farad Super3 with the SBooster + Ultra MkII a close second when used to power my Qutest and that is what I use for that now. The Sean Jacobs DC4 was way better than all else but substantially more and that is what I use to power my Dave. 

Owner Wave High Fidelity digital cables :

Antipodes Oladra (WAVE Storm BNC spdif RF noise filtering cable to Mscaler)

Dave (with Sean Jacobs ARC6 and SJ Cap Board) + WAVE Storm dual BNC RF noise filtering cables

ATC150 active speakers.