IGNORED

Sean Jacobs (Custom HiFi Cables) DC3/4

Hello!

Sean J makes some really good powersupplies and a lot more. I have his large silver powercable for example. Yesterday I ordered my second DC-3 with dual rails . Will replace a DC-2 and a Paul Hynes SR4. Will be ready in July though.

I have tried many brands of powersupplies during the years like Teddy Pardo, sotm sps-500, HD-plex, Uptone LPS.1 and ATL audio. I can say that I now  have found for me the best supplies and the best service from Sean J one could expect. 

I was also considering getting the DC-4 but too costly for me at the moment, maybe one day😀

Please report once you receive it!

/Magnus

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

1 hour ago, adamaley said:

@magnuska I'll definitely report back once everything burns in. I'm happy to hear you are enjoying your DC 3. I am thinking about going down that route eventually for the ancillary network components closest to the DAC. I was under the impression the DC 3 could only have a single output. It's always great when one component replaces two- you get to save on power cords.

must also add how responsive and accommodating Sean has been throughout my ordering/build process. 

Thank you! Yes you can have up to 2 rails on the standard DC-3 enclosure. He also builds custom builds in a wider case to accomodate even more rails. So will you power only one item with your DC-4? He can do up to 3 outputs on that too. If you are considering powering ancillary components as you say.😀 The modules are galvanically isolated from each other. And in my case powering the Etherregen with one 12 v rail, he also suggested adding a grounding terminal on the DC-3 for connecting a wire between them, very convienent and good service. 

Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with DAC, Sotm SMS-200 ultra/TX USB ultra, powered by an Uptone LPS-1 Audiostore Roonserver powered by a  HD plex PS. ASUS router AC 68 powered by a Teddy pardo PS, 

Speakers are standmounts Klångedang T1 with external crossover , Rega Planar 3 Lejonklou Slipsik phonostage

As I wrote earlier in this thread I have a dual rail DC-3 on order for delivery in July. For now its ordered without the addon with Mundorf caps. This addition costs 250GBP. What do you say? Is it worth it? Or would this money be better spent elsewhere, like upgraded DC cables? 

I will power the etherRegen with one rail 12volt and the other 7volt will power an Ideon audio USB regenerator. 

Cheers /Magnus

15 minutes ago, Blackmorec said:

Hi Magnus, 

If I were in your shoes I’d go for the Mundorf caps now and add a DC cable later

Why?

• The Mundorfs enhance SQ well in line with their costs, so are well worth the money
  • Adding Mundorfs later means sending your DC-3 to Sean, with the down time that involves for the upgrade plus shipping
  • It adds shipping $$$ and hassle
  • It means 2 lots of running in, which is a bit of an up, down, UP^ process as regards SQ
  • Its hassle free to upgrade the DC cables
  • It gives you the chance to build or buy DC cables using Nenon’s Mundorf silver/gold JSSG360 recipe which sound AMAZING with the DC3
  • Running in the DC cables also takes time but is more of an up, UP, UP^ process so not at all bothersome.   

Hi Blackmorec,

I appreciate your taking time to answer. It seems like a good idea then to add the Mundorfs.

Regards Magnus

50 minutes ago, Nenon said:

I would prefer the Mundorf caps over my DC cables (which several people have reported to make a quite significant difference, even over the Ghent 7N copper cables). In fact, I would go a step further and say that I would not buy a Sean Jacobs LPS without the Mundorf upgrade for myself. That's how important I think this upgrade is.

If you can afford it, go for it!  

Thank you Nenon,

Yes I will order the Mundorf caps.👍

/Magnus