IGNORED

Rendu USB vs Bridge ll

32 minutes ago, ksalno said:

My experience has been the opposite in my system. For me, I rank the inputs on the Directstream in terms of sound quality as 1) i2S via the ultraDigital (of course, the ultraDigital can be feed by any version of Rendu, I happen to use a SOtM in my setup). 2) the Bridge II (not the original Bridge which may be what your boss had) with a fiber isolator between the switch and the Bridge II (I use the TrippLite which does support 10Mbps-1G). 3) USB direct from a streamer (I tried it but no longer use this input). 

Did you remove the Bridge II for testing the USB input?  I ask because I am intimately familiar with the PS DS DAC (I have done a few simple power supply upgrades on them for owners).  The Bridge II is powered and producing quite a lot of noise inside the chassis even when not in use.  The Sonore VP found best performance with the PS DS via USB with the Bridge II removed.  There is no shielding of the Bridge II from the actual DAC circuitry internally.

Note that the two box DAC solution PS Audio is developing is being done precisely to eliminate the interference of the input receivers and oversampling engine (FPGA) from the DAC conversion and output stages.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio