IGNORED

Rendu USB vs Bridge ll

12 hours ago, ksalno said:

I have a similar setup with a PS Audio DSD and Bridge II. I have tried the USB but was never happy with it compared to the Bridge. My two favorite sounding connections are SFP out from my rack switch to a TrippLite media converter with a short run of ethernet cable to the Bridge II, which you can do for less than $200. This will have the same benefit as the opticalRendu in providing optical isolation but permits using what even Ted Smith considers the better sounding input on the PSA, which is the Bridge II. The other option I use is I have a SOtM sMS-200 Ultra (similar to your Sonore) but instead of running USB to the PSA, I inserted a Sonore UltraDigital ($400) which takes the USB and provides an i2S output which I then connect via a 0.5m HDMI cable to the PSA. Both options sound better than anything I've tried into USB and are hard to tell apart in A:B tests. Either option is much less than an opticalRendu and will provide equal or better performance.

My VP had the PS Audio DS DAC for many years. He found the best input was USB without the Bridge installed. This combination provides more streaming features, higher sample rates, continuous software upgrades, and so on via the Sonic Orbiter OS. Another key benefit is the Rendu works on just about any DAC. Feedback from our ultraDigital customers is very good and naturally couples the benefits of Sonic Orbiter OS.