IGNORED

Can Bad Recordings sound Good?

Does not a better system emphasize the bad parts of a bad recording badder?

.....Anyway, this discussion demonstrates that the serious hobbyist can enjoy "home remastering" to his heart's content.

This is a good example of the endless joy audio-heads can find.  As the great American composer Sly Stone said, so eloquently, "Different Strokes for Different Folks"

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Confused said:

Sometimes my car is quieter that my house!  🙂

Joking apart, there are some modern cars that have very low ambient noise levels.  (I recently traveled in a friends Audi A8, it was almost silent, quite uncanny)  Indeed, it has been argued that some cars are so quiet that they are dangerous, because they insulate the driver from an appropriate sensation of speed.

Yet, I had an Audi A7 that had terrible road noise.  Yes i know there is a $$$ difference between a 7 and an 8!

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

1 minute ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Yes.  My AllRoad is probably noisier still but,  even in my daughter's S95 with its Burmester system, I still cannot listen in a car.  As a resident of Manhattan, I don't drive every day and, when I do, I like to pay attention to the driving.  Music is a distraction to me.

"The loudest noise in a Rolls Royce at 60MPH is the clock"

LA times newspaper ad circa 1963.