IGNORED

Article: KANTO TUK vs. AIRPULSE A100

9 hours ago, mstulken said:

Thanks for attempting this comparison review. I was wondering for a while what the state of the art is for desk top speakers. I have an ifi micro i-dsd so I'm not too concerned about a built in dac. But wondering if there are other desktop alternatives that were not covered? 

There are ! You have plenty of options in almost every price range.
Imho. you can only get through that jungle of options by defining your personal needs.
You may have notice that I have used the iFi DAC as well, and if I'd use this DAC in a desktop system only, I'd personally look for some more pure active monitors like the Audio Energy AE1, or powered speakers from JBL, Klipsch, Ruark, Dali, Dynaudio, Wharfedale, Audio Engine, Yamaha, Kef   ... That's why I narrowed it down to the models under review. 😉

image.gif.370657b5f341fbbc8a44734004eb852f.gif  

7 hours ago, blaven said:

Thanks so much for the fun read

@blaven Wow, I looked at your signature  ... stunning ...
I may have my doubts you'd be happy with what you'll find in the standard desktop class of speakers.

I have heard the ABACUS C3 (5'x6', only available in Europe), which match your space requirement but they would demand a DAC for their analogue only input. I liked them a lot. Going down to 35hz, you may pass on the sw.

Thus, finding some i.e. 6x6 inchactive speakers with all digital inputs and excellent sound seems to be quite a task. Audio-Engine would come to mind. Or Genelec, though they lack the connectivity.
If it's about minimal footprint AMT speakers, the ML's (2i/4i) are imho the best deal, perhaps in connection with a NAD D3045 digital amp?
Cheers, Tom

Abacus C3 Box  02.jpg

Abacus C3 Box  03.jpg

Abacus C3 Box  04.jpg

Abacus C3 Box  05.jpg

Abacus C3 Box  06.jpg

Abacus C3 Box  07.jpg

3 hours ago, mourip said:

I hope that you will consider having a Part Two where you complete the proposed comparison with Kantos in hand for listening This will allow you to still continue "with the comparison until the end".

Yes, agreed, I may owe you that ;-)

Thank you for showing interest for the test and confidence in me doing it.

I'll check out later with Kanto how are the odds to get some review units this year ... 😇

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...