dsnyder

Spring Cleaning + DALI Oberon 7 + Acourate

Rate this topic

Great job David! It was fun working with you! Those are excellent results. One can hear the SQ improvement on your recording, fantastic! To my ears, the bass is a less "boomy" and more even sounding with the corrected response. Also sounds less "boxy room." Given the time domain correction, corrects all channels towards the same time and phase behaviour, results in a clearer sound with increased depth of field and solid phantom center image. You have it dialled right in there man, kudos!

Kind regards,

Mitch

I think it's cool being able to "independently" verify the Acourate results using REW as well. Most DRC systems present a predicted response plot (eg., Dirac), but I'd be surprised if the actual measured response after correction (both amplitude and time) matches as closely as Acourate. I assume Audiolense corrections spot-on as well.

9 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I must say, I've never seen convolution used at the same time as Headroom Management :~)

Hi Chris,

Good eye!  In this case, I have headroom management enabled only so that I can watch out for clipping. I've built FIR filter sets in the past that, under certain circumstances, could result in clipping after convolution. I've not had that problem for a while, but it's something that I continue to keep an eye on as a matter of course.  :)

image.thumb.png.2daf5bb359b92d378c2dd6cf1541dcdf.png

4 minutes ago, dsnyder said:

Hi Chris,

Good eye!  In this case, I have headroom management enabled only so that I can watch out for clipping. I've built FIR filter sets in the past that, under certain circumstances, could result in clipping after convolution. I've not had that problem for a while, but it's something that I continue to keep an eye on as a matter of course.  :)

image.thumb.png.2daf5bb359b92d378c2dd6cf1541dcdf.png

Ah. Understood.

Founder of Audiophile Style

Announcing Polestar | Quick Community Reviews and Ratings

Here are a couple more audio samples from this system after correction. I recorded these using Sound Professionals binaural mics and a Zoom H4n Pro recorder. They sound significantly better without YouTube compression, but you can get the idea.  :)

• Muddy Waters: 
  • Sara K: 
  • Alessandro Galati Trio: 

Again, headphones are required to hear these as intended.