IGNORED

Topping D90 great but question future

17 hours ago, BobSherman said:

They seem pretty similar. The Gustard output stage is different, it does has higher output, and is cheaper. Worth a listen.

the gustard a18 states it also has linear power supply which i have heard makes quite a difference...does the topping have a linear power supply do you know?

5 hours ago, barrows said:

I had a D-90 here for a few weeks, I opened the chassis and confirmed it has a linear power supply.  Being a rather compact DAC (tiny) the power supply is rather small and limited, but it certainly is a linear power supply.  There is a switch on the underside of the chassis for changing the input voltage from 115 VAC to 230 VAC.

thanks...the link about the 30K dac in comparison to a $800 dac was less helpful....(grin).

It doesn't seem like there is anything that competes with the topping d30 or gustard a18 in that price range for features and components.

The only other dacs in that price range on my short list are the bifrost multibit unison and rme adi-2....i had the bifrost multibit gen5 before and it sounded very nice for the money, but i wanted something that would do native dsd...have been looking for a nice dsd dac under $1k for quite awhile that had galvanic isolation, and have been out of market for a couple years, but back to looking.  Seems like $1k will get you quite a bit more today than 2 years ago.....