IGNORED

New D/D Converters from Denafrips

I'd focus on the DAC first and not worry about the DDC.  You can always experiment later if you get the itch to experiment.

EDIT:  I'd like to be clear, DDC's are not mandatory to the performance of any of the Denafrips DAC's.  I only responded like I did because it seemed you had either owned a DDC in the past or were very open to trying one. 

It appears that is not the case and I don't want to give you the impression you must get one. Absolutely not.  The vast majority of reviews you will read, the reviewer didn't have a DDC in the chain with any of the Denafrips DAC's.  I think it is best to get the DAC and live with it first.  Only experiment with DDC's later if you are curious and budget allows.  You might also consider jumping in with the cheaper Iris to see if you like it.  If not, I suspect you could sell it without too much loss... or wait for a used one to pop up.

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

@OldBigEars This is an interesting question.  I am planning to keep my Qutest for use at my actual office, and use Venus 2 in my home office.  I still really enjoy the Qutest.

Swapping in the Qutest in my headphone setup isn't too hard so I will do some comparisons and let you know my subjective thoughts.  It might be a little bit as I am totally slammed at work.  I need to earn some money to pay for these audio toys.

On an unrelated note, I just received an email from Vinshine.  They just announced they now have 2 USA-based service centers if you ever need to send in your Denafrips product.

4b933e_0c09a2e8dc6541cd93ce2aa6f9be7d12~mv2.png

Service Centers @ UNITED STATES 

Hello friends,

We are pleased to announce that we have appointed Sean Nauman and Macon P. as our service representatives in the United States. Please welcome them on board! 

For more information, kindly visit our new SUPPORT page for more details.

https://www.vinshineaudio.com/support

Many thanks.

Yours sincerely,

Alvin Chee

a306cb_3d2c01641d3e44db820b987d9be43503~mv2.png

image.jpg

a306cb_3d2c01641d3e44db820b987d9be43503~mv2.png

Subscribe for Updates

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

• 7 months later...